Some live tiles not working, might be app registration issue

Jan Sochor

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Ever since upgrading my laptop from Win8.1 to Win10, I have been facing a problem of the MSN Weather live tile not working anymore. Recently I found out that there are problems also with a few other apps' tiles - like Weather Channel's live tile working only on medium, Twitter live tile not working at all, or Cortana throwing "something went wrong" errors when trying commands, both typing and vocal. All the other live tiles (like news, sports, flipboard etc. etc.) work correctly. Updating to the newest build 10586 (fall update) didn?t change anything as well?

I have tried basically all of the suggestions found on forums - like trying the app troubleshooter (no errors), or scf/scannow (again, no errors found), resetting store, reinstalling the apps, turning the tiles off and on again, unpinning, changing region, resyncing clock, etc...

Recently I discovered in event log, that there is a lot of ERROR 5973 connected to the troubled apps, saying for example:
Activation of app Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

The operational log then states ERROR 5951 for some apps, for example:
The app Weather.TheWeatherChannel_t3yemqpq4kp7p!App is not registered for the Windows.BackgroundTasks contract or is not installed.

Or ERROR 5990:
Activation via contract helper of the app Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.BackgroundTasks contract failed with Class not registered.

All the apps have the permission to run in the background of course though.
I tried creating a new account also. When I create a new account, all the tiles work perfectly.

Is there a way to fix this on my current admin account?

Thank you in advance for your help!!
Honza

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720