Bank Apps and Nadella

dlcpa

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if Microsoft has a team working on banks to create Windows Phone Apps? If not, why is Satya Nadella still the CEO? I personally have no faith in him whatsoever because he was given a jewel and did nothing with it. Now, Microsoft CEOs have never been great marketers or even producrt evolvers, Gates, was as bland as can be and never evolved Excel or Word. My Lotus for Windows that I bought in either 2001-2003, was far superior to today's Excel.

The problem with not having bank apps is that you cannot always use the web screens on a phone as sometimes boxes get in the way from inputing or the site doesn't accept input from your phone. Also, if you want to deposit checks via your phone and phone camera you cannot do it without an app. It's a pain to go to the bank when you are busy or can't leave for some reason, when in two seconds you can deposit a check or checks and you don't even need to make copies. I think it's time Microsoft throw out the engineers from top management and put in marketing people. I have no confidence in Nadella after he put down American women and why he wasn't fired after that, I have no idea.

So, why are there no bank apps and why is Nadella still there? I think there is a link to these two questions. What about attacking Apple for expatriating to Ireland. How can Microsoft not tell the American people that Apple pays no US Corp tax here on the says of their overpriced mediocre equipment. Perhaps Americans can trust Ireland to fight off ISIL or fix their bridges, or do cancer research....it's hard to believe what Apple did is the best kept secret in America? I think Apple pays off people to shut them up. Al Gore is on their Board of Directors, and to think I campaigned for the traitor. I never heard Robert Reich, Paul Krugman or Bernie Sanders say a word about the serious Apple inversion. Maybe Nadella is too busy thinking how he can insult American women. What a waste! Get him out or he needs to give us a reason why he should be there and what his plans are.

Maybe Apple did what it did because people trusted Steve Jobs and that he would give them what they need. Who feels that way about Nadella. It's not too late. Get some really marketing people in there and put together great commercials informing America about Apple's inversion and Microsoft can go from 1.7% to 50% in no time. And sell your Apple stock and buy Microsoft if they do this.

dlcpa

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded an app called AppComparison and that took me to the Microsoft App store. So I put the word "bank" into the seach box and there was not one match. Is that possible? What the hell is wrong with Microsoft. I assumed there were some bank apps but none? Are they for real and Satya Nadella is still the CEO? Gates, Ballmer and Nadella all must be marketing morons. Am I missing something here. I am not doing this for effect, I can't believe what I saw and I assume I made a mistake. Someone correct me?

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You're barking up the wrong tree.

A primer on marketing: you succeed when you offer customers something they want at a price they?re willing to pay. Apple has been very good at this. In the smartphone business, Microsoft has not. Banks (and app developers in general) go where the customers are. Some banks that had apps for Windows phone pulled them because there weren?t enough users to justify the expense of supporting the apps. The only thing Satella could do to solve this is to get a lot more customers to buy Windows phones; so far, that?s not happening.

Attacking Apple certainly wouldn?t help. Yes, Apple (like most big American multinationals) does lots of things to try to avoid taxes. That?s not a secret, but very few people care. Just as almost no one in America could tell you which pharmaceutical company is doing an inversion right now to reduce its tax burden, even though that?s been in the news in the last few days. (It?s Pfizer, for the record. Very few consumers will stop buying Advil because of this news.)

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
LIke Apple, MS doesn't write the apps for banks. That's up to banks whether they want to support a platform or not. As for Nadella dissing American women, what big company doesn't, really, and in some ways his point is valid... asking for a raise has risks instead of letting it happen. Apple, HP, Oracle, yadda yadda, are no different in how they treat women working for them.