Cortana is DETERIORATING.

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded my 1020 from 8.1 to 10586 and since then Cortana has not worked at all. If I try to do voice search, It just says "Listening.." for like 30 seconds then crashes, she does not hear me at all. When I type something in Cortana to search, it just says "Thinking.." and shows the spinning circles for 30 seconds then Cortana crashes. Cortana is literally thinking herself to death.

Come on Microsoft, the Cortana AI it not 7 years old yet, it should not start deteriorating for another 6 or 7 years...

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Please note that windows 10 is a service. We keep improving it with update once a decade and an upgrade once in a millennium :p. Also kindly note this is developer preview, there still should exist issues (device dependent)

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I could revert back to 8.1 but If I do that I think I will loose the apps that I have installed that are no longer available. I don't want to loose Lumia Storyteller and Photosynth :(

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Please note that windows 10 is a service. We keep improving it with update once a decade and an upgrade once in a millennium :p. Also kindly note this is developer preview, there still should exist issues (device dependent)
Whilst I understand that this is a 'preview', I too am having an issue or two with one of my favourite features as a professional driver. I've gone from totally hands free, to totally frustrated.

I did post in the cortana forum, but it seems to be full of dust and cobwebs LOL!

My issue is this... Yes, it's a preview build, but in 8.1 cortana was 'beta' and worked flawlessly. The beta tag has now gone and it's as bad a Google's attempt. Voice recognition is haphazzard at best, it takes an age to open a text when 'read it' is requested. Anything from 5-10 seconds is not uncommon. The live tile doesn't update, and isn't live. The halo doesn't do anything after a couple of minutes. I requested tracking of a flight I was due to meet, and not once was I notified of any update. Not even an aeroplane on the tile.

All of my settings are correct, speech etc.. I thought it was just my 1320 but my 930, 640, 640xl are the same.
I haven't found a resolution to this yet. Tried soft reset, hard reset, rolled back to 8.1 and it worked flawlessly. I can work around it but as yet, beta to RC seems to be a backward step

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm stumped then. Works ok for a couple of mins then stops. Also noticed MSN sport stops. I did read in a forum that sometimes weather upsets it. Uninstalled accu and msn weather. Still does it. My autistic son has a 435 (bullet proof device!! Been dropped, kicked and still works!!) and no live tile there either. Odd indeed.

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm stumped then. Works ok for a couple of mins then stops. Also noticed MSN sport stops. I did read in a forum that sometimes weather upsets it. Uninstalled accu and msn weather. Still does it. My autistic son has a 435 (bullet proof device!! Been dropped, kicked and still works!!) and no live tile there either. Odd indeed.
I've always been very frustrated about MSN Sports app. The sport section on msn.com has support for the Canadian Football League but the MSN Sports app doesn't?!?! Really?!?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99