Windows 10 mobile waiting room

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
As the rollout of the official win10mobile comes closer , my anxiety is jumping off the roof. Post what you guys feel as we await the w10m official rollout to existing phones.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
As the rollout of the official win10mobile comes closer , my anxiety is jumping off the roof. Post what you guys feel as we await the w10m official rollout to existing phones.

Anxiety??? Well it could be so if Windows Insider were not there, but now we already know almost everything about Windows 10 Mobile :)

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Anxiety??? Well it could be so if Windows Insider were not there, but now we already know almost everything about Windows 10 Mobile :)

Many people ( including me ) haven't tried win10mobile yet.....and insider is not final .....we all know it.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Seem like they're going to release it soon, its pretty stable now. What I'm waiting for is 3G only option for data setting and decent sync app for Mac.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Whether it becomes official soon or not I highly doubt we'll see much change over what we got in the latest Insiders Preview (10586.11), just hope they can resolve the degradation over time of the OS (issue slowly creeping in) and other bugs, either way there isn't any excitement in my camp considering what I've seen and experienced first hand so far.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Whether it becomes official soon or not I highly doubt we'll see much change over what we got in the latest Insiders Preview (10586.11), just hope they can resolve the degradation over time of the OS (issue slowly creeping in) and other bugs, either way there isn't any excitement in my camp considering what I've seen and experienced first hand so far.
As I said...insider program could offer you only the OS but having a firmware for specific phone will definitely bring some additional features....like usb otg., call recorder, led notifications on 730 ( and other phones who have hidden led lights.)

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
either way there isn't any excitement in my camp considering what I've seen and experienced first hand so far.

Same here :) its better than WP8.1 but still need lots of improvement, even MS service (Outlook, OneNote, Office, OneDrive etc) are lot better on my old Droid Mini (KitKat), OTG, USB tethering and file transfer to/from Mac, force network type selection etc all there on it.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Same here :) its better than WP8.1 but still need lots of improvement, even MS service (Outlook, OneNote, Office, OneDrive etc) are lot better on my old Droid Mini (KitKat), OTG, USB tethering and file transfer to/from Mac, force network type selection etc all there on it.
Sad but true....wp is still not there.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
As I said...insider program could offer you only the OS but having a firmware for specific phone will definitely bring some additional features....like usb otg., call recorder, led notifications on 730 ( and other phones who have hidden led lights.)

That's the problem, there is two pieces to the puzzle and this past year has shown they rarely meet.

Not quite in agreeance W10M mobile is better other than slightly visually, just in the past few days W10M on my L830 appears to be going south so good chance we'll be reverting back to W8.1, I want the extras too but stability needs to be #1, W10M does not serve well in that department if my experience and reads are any indication.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No need for waiting if you can already get it. The OS you'll get when you update from 8.1 is barely going to differ than what we have now on the insider program.
Also no anxiety, just a small dose of disappointment.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
No need for waiting if you can already get it. The OS you'll get when you update from 8.1 is barely going to differ than what we have now on the insider program.
Also no anxiety, just a small dose of disappointment.

First of all getting official update from preview builds and expecting same performance like single direct official update? Not for me then...and most of cases that I know...last year's dev preview program teached me this.....i had Two Lumia 520s and both behaved differently while scrolling with background image applied.... The one with devp preview and the getting official cyan used to shutter a lot while the one with direct cyan scrolled really smooth. And to be sure I reverted the shuttering one to WP 8 and again updated to cyan and guess what? It was fixed so.....it does affects....cant tell you how....but just feels different.....

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The firmware back then, especially when 8.1 came out, made a huge difference.

Although now, you aren't going to really see new firmware for the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb