Isn't the back arrow button supposed to close the app?

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
After 10 out 15 minutes, I can have 30 windows open on my phone. Before upgrading to 10, the back arrow would close the app. Now it basically just minimizes the window.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
idd it does.. Reason? not sure, but since my 920 seemed to be having problems with functioning if too many apps were open at the same time in a previous build, I adopted the habit of just closing them manually.

If this is a major issue for you, please don't forget to provide feedback using the feedback app and upvoting any others with the same issue :)

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
When Windows Phone 8.1 was released, developers were able to design their apps so the back button did not close them, but instead it put them in a suspended state (just like what happens when you press the start button). This makes the app open faster the next time you use it. Microsoft did not add this functionality to most of their apps in WP8.1 but now in W10M, pretty much all Microsoft apps preinstalled on the phone have this functionality.

I personally like the addition. Since the apps are in a suspended state, they are not taking up CPU power, only memory. It won't slow down your phone because of this.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
No it's not, it's a navigation key that takes you BACK (that's why it's an arrow). Suspended apps are not running apps so the term "open" doesn't apply, and in my opinion this is the best behaviour

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb