After 1 week with the 950 - Is Microsoft really comitted to a mobile OS?

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't talk about the 950 as I don't own one yet, but I've been using W10M for about 2 months as my daily driver and I have to say. I'm worried.

App stability is very shaky, edge has had some WEIRD bugs (keys 'u' and 's' would not work in the search bar) and overall the level of polish is just nowhere near that of WP8.1 or even W10.

Still waiting and hoping...

I had alot of bugs with my 950 when I first got it, my mistake was restoring the config from my lumia 920 to my 950. After a day of bugs i wiped the phone and set it up from scratch with no data restore. Phone has been very solid with no bugs or app crashes or any issues at all.

WP10 is very good when you set it up from scratch and buggy when it's restored or upgraded from WP8.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
WP10 is very good when you set it up from scratch and buggy when it's restored or upgraded from WP8.

This is absurd. Obviously MS knew about this problem. So why not come out and say it instead of letting thousands of us get pissed off at all these annoyances. If this was my company, heads would have rolled...

There is only ONE guilty party here, and it is not the users that are left....

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I've had the iPhone for about a month now and have not had a single issue with it. The battery is way better then my 928's ever was, I've never had an app crash, and they run very well. I also have a wide assortment of apps to choose from and there are daily deals on apps. I gave Windows phone a chance but in the end it didn't live up to what I wanted... sorry if that offends you.

you are comparing a 2012 released phone (L928) with a phone you bought a month ago, cool then I have a lumia 1520 and the battery life is 2 days exactly on medium use, ( texting, whatsapp, browsing, my work and person emails, browsing now and then, plus i never turn of location, i have my wifi in my pocket all the time so its connect all the time, music abt an hour a day over BT) Im really impressed with the new build 10586.11, and i dont complain because its a preview, i get issues with FB apps etc sometime it crahses, but i know what it improved since may in so less time, i can live another six months with it, im not a fan of snapchat LOL

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
This is absurd. Obviously MS knew about this problem. So why not come out and say it instead of letting thousands of us get pissed off at all these annoyances. If this was my company, heads would have rolled...

There is only ONE guilty party here, and it is not the users that are left....

I am still surprised when I read about problems after restoring a backup. Apart from apps and a few settings what is being restored that could mess up a phone to such an extent? This is the function the backup feature was intended for so why does it seem incapable of executing it effectively? Funny enough the same thing appears to apply to Windows 10 on the desktop so it really seems like its just down to poor coding by Microsoft....

Last edited:

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I have issues with W10M but I still like it. Im not trying to bash W10 or the 950, please dont take this personally but I expect improvements with new devices and new operating systems. Sorry if you are related to someone that built the 950 or developed the W10M OS. Why do so many people have a hard time with that? Im not an Apple ****** or an Android ****** or a Windows ******, I just want a great device with a great OS. Im calling it like I see it.

I know not everyone is having the same issues but here are some that i have experienced and many of them have been reported by others.
-Attaching photos in email or messaging doesnt always allow you to select the picture correctly in the photos app.
-Camera has a handful of issues even when storing on the local storage. Snapping multiple photos quickly with Rich Capture on tends to slow down the camera, sometimes you watch the camera save for almost a minute before you can snap the next photo, this is not acceptable. Video quality is hot or miss, literally, sometimes the video skips frames. I have also experienced some audio clicking during the video. Focus hunting and color changing on the video camera is unacceptable
-Slow motion video would be nice rather than teasing it with an icon...C'mon.
-Start screen sometimes gets stuck on resuming....
-Battery life is not much better than my 830 with a 2200mah battery
-Skype and Messaging doesnt seem like a marriage made in heaven, hard to explain exactly what is wrong with it other than dual skype apps, doubling up on contacts in the pick screen when you start typing a contact.
-Scrolling through photos is not always smooth and sometimes crashes.
-Lets see some real improvements to sound profiles like the blackberry used to have 7 years ago. They had great granularity.
-Lets see some filtering options in email

To everyone that may disagree with me - Feel free to discredit me in any way you see fit.

Im sorry as it did seem that i took it personally that i realized later.

Luckily all the issues that you mentioned, i only faced few, like i don't find skype integration as useful as it should have been, i have issue sharing images on FB, goes well with email and whatsapp etc.
-Didnt have camera issues that you mentioned, my slow motion video works like a charm. i like the in app editing options too, you might need to update you photos plugin if you haven't.
rest is great from me,
Are you on 10586.11?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3