Lumia 950 Problems from a Patient Fan

CountStyrofoam

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I made my first vanity phone upgrade of my life. I wanted the Lumia 950 in matte black. It was on AT&T and I was on Verizon. For the first time in my life, I said, "screw it." I did it. I love it.

Having said that, I have a few issues I would like to talk about. Maybe some of you have noticed these.

1. Cortana in the Car
On 8.1, this was easily the feature I loved to demonstrate the most. Over Bluetooth, she took direction quickly and almost 100% accurately. "Play (song/band/album)." "Get me directions to (bar in a strange city)" These commands have a fifty/fifty success rate. The response time and processing is delayed by a considerable ten seconds.
What's most grievous is the reading of text messages. I am in a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. Factory installed Bluetooth. She announces I have a text and then asks me how to respond. She can rarely, if ever, process the response now. I trust this will be fixed in subsequent updates, but, right outta the gate, this is a little embarrassing.

2. Battery
I think this is mostly cause of restoration of texts and what not, but it is draining a little quicker than I would expect. It also gets very very hot when taking a charge from a wall-plugged AC adapter.

3. Messaging
Maybe I was mistaken, but I thought we were supposed to have unified messaging via Skype. I do hope this is coming. I want to be able to message anyone on any phone on my computer from a messaging app. Again, I trust this is a development that is en route. As it stands now, tho, it will not automatically link my Skype contacts to their profiles in People. When I try to add them, it says it cannot have two mobile phones.

Also, my text messaging backup is incomplete.

4. Ring Tones
I dropped my ringtones in the Ringtone folder. MP3's with the genre set to "ringtone". They will not show up under the ringtones menu.

Please discuss.

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
In my 2012 Volvo, my 1520 worked perfectly over bluetooth. Now my 950XL barely works with my car. It's horribly upsetting, as I just got this car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb