Quirky OneDrive upload on W10 Mobile after update. What do I do?

Corvodin

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Quirky OneDrive upload on W10 Mobile after update.

So, I upgraded my 920 to Windows 10 Mobile about a week ago, and today I wanted open a photo I took a couple of days ago on my PC via OneDrive. But the photo hadn't uploaded. I found that strange, so I opened up the OneDrive app, and in the camera segment in the progress tab, there was just a ton of photos of videos that failed to upload (way more than I had taken in the week prior) and they had all failed to upload. Given that retrying the upload didn't work, I logged out of my account and then logged back in. And all of the uploads are back, but now they're going through. I think it's trying to re-upload every photo and video on my device, which is kind of dumb. What's worse is that I can't cancel any of these, there's just the option to retry or dump a failed upload (which it seems doesn't work, because when I tried it beforehand, it wouldn't cancel the failed uploads). Has anyone else that upgraded from 8.1 to 10 noticed an issue like this ?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Quirky OneDrive upload on W10 Mobile after update.

So, I upgraded my 920 to Windows 10 Mobile about a week ago, and today I wanted open a photo I took a couple of days ago on my PC via OneDrive. But the photo hadn't uploaded. I found that strange, so I opened up the OneDrive app, and in the camera segment in the progress tab, there was just a ton of photos of videos that failed to upload (way more than I had taken in the week prior) and they had all failed to upload. Given that retrying the upload didn't work, I logged out of my account and then logged back in. And all of the uploads are back, but now they're going through. I think it's trying to re-upload every photo and video on my device, which is kind of dumb. What's worse is that I can't cancel any of these, there's just the option to retry or dump a failed upload (which it seems doesn't work, because when I tried it beforehand, it wouldn't cancel the failed uploads). Has anyone else that upgraded from 8.1 to 10 noticed an issue like this ?

I have had that issue since last 4 builds and it hasn't been solved. There have been many updates but nothing makes it just work. DO NOT rely on OneDrive to have it all back up. I've now resorted to manually taking a back up every few days on laptop as well as manually uploading things to OneDrive from phone. These are just some perks of using a beta OS.

Corvodin

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Quirky OneDrive upload on W10 Mobile after update.

Yeah, I'm not really relying on it to back up everything, it kind of wants to do it on its own, which is somewhat of a problem because, well, it backed it all up before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos