Windows 10 upgrade - desktop changed twice/files gone. How can I get the files back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 upgrade - desktop changed twice/files gone

This is in regards to files disappearing and my desktop changing. I downloaded and installed Windows 10 last night but did not do any modifications until this morning. When I started my computer today, I couldn't find my files. I found them in my user profile. So I moved them to the desktop in a new folder. Also, the desktop was not my previous desktop in regards to shortcuts. Which was fine because I added them back.

I then changed the desktop theme to the flower theme. I then went to restart and selected Update and Restart.
When the computer rebooted, my desktop them was gone, and now my old shortcuts from 8.1 were on there. AND the file folder I created with all my files is gone.

I have looked in the windows old folder, the new one, did a file search, what happened? I do not have more than one desktop in the virtual desktops.

Should I recover back to 8.1 to get my files or how do I find them? They can't be deleted but somehow hidden on that other desktop.

HELP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon