950 vs 950XL, which is better?

AlexT09

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
950 vs 950XL

So, the short story is I've been out of loop for the past month (medical issues) so I apologize for asking something that I assume has been already answered in some fashion. With that said, aside from the size, does the XL really bring much more to the table? I know it's processor is better but are we looking at 4gb I3 SP3 compared to an 8gb I7 or more like an i5 w 8gb vs the I7? Given it looks like you will have to buy the XL outright for the foreseeable future, I'm leaning toward the 950. I'd rather wait, however, if the XL is significantly better. Anyway, I would appreciate any insight as I'm anxious to get rid of my HTC M8, ha. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed, from what I've heard about the speaker being subpar as I really enjoy listening to my music via the speaker phone when outside.... Side question, do you think 5.7 inches would be cumbersome to get out of your pocket? Just curious. Thanks to you all!

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950 vs 950XL

Unfortunately, your post will only aquire 'subjective' responses. If you can, yes I know ( rocking horse and manure ), get your hands on either or. I am waiting for them to appear in the UK. If I have to travel to see them, I will. I'd rather spend a few quid on fuel than blindly lay out ?500+ for a device I haven't seen.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The 950 XL is, obviously, better. Not by much though. A bit better battery (right?), a bit bigger screen, and a bit better processor. I think you'll hardly see a difference in performance. It's mostly about the size. And as for that, I own a 1520 (it's 6'') and it's totaly fine for me. Heck, now that I got used to it, it seems small. I'd even go for a bit bigger phone!

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
The 950XL also comes with the ability to get a free Display Dock... Which pretty much makes up the price difference.

Of course for me the 950 is better, since it will fit in my pockets, and the 950XL won't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss