Update Windows on a Tablet with 16GB and UEFI bios

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody managed to undestand how to update devices with 16GB and EUFI bios ?

It says internal memory is not enough, I even tried using external USB or external but still I can't install Windows 10 Fall update on my new Windows 10 Tablet

SurfTabs - TrekStor GmbH

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Erase the hard drive completely and start with a bootable USB drive w/ Windows 10 on it... if you hold down certain buttons on startup (look it up by manufacturer) it will boot from USB.

You will not get it to upgrade with that little space without a format; it is not enough

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried it but I didn't manage to boot from USB.

Do I have to create a UEFI USB device from the Windows 10 Fall update ISO ?

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes, that would be the first thing I would try. Download the Media Creation tool, and when it asks you how you want to install it, pick USB.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I moved the files to the SD card (fat 32) and now when I try to install it says it's missing some important driver.

Stupidiest thing in the world is that it gives no ******* information about the device requiring drivers.

Perfect.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I used the following command :

Export-WindowsDriver –Online -Destination c:\export-drivers

To export every third party driver. I MADE A BACKUP of such drivers for later use.
Then I retried to install Windows 10 from scratch, tried every exported driver till I found the correct one.

Now it is installing, I'll let you know if this torture has come to an end.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
OK installation completed, now I am trying to restore every missing driver (touch doesn't work for example) I backed up before.

Oh for anybody wishing to do the same, don't forget to backup your Windows Key too ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99