Why isn't my HDMI working after Windows 10 update?

Asim Nazir

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
HDMI not working after Windows 10 update

I updated my windows 7 home edition few months back however, when i wanted to connect my laptop with my smart tv through an hdmi cable , no display was detected. I tried high end hdmi cables but i am unable to connect my HP envy laptop with the tv.
Besides i have not installed november update to my laptop.

Please solve my problem

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: HDMI not working after Windows 10 update

It might be a driver problem..(mostly related to November update), try reinstalling the driver

Edmund Burke

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Loss of HDMI seems to be a common problem after upgrading to windows 10. I finally found an answer that covered my problem although it is specific to certain types of hardware configuration.
Basically I could not use my HDMI port, the PC did not even seem to be able to "see" it.

For some years now, many but not all computers have had two graphic processors: a low powered integrated one such as intel graphics or AMD graphics and a dedicated graphics processor by AMD or NVIDIA. Originally the PC selected which graphics processor to used based on the power supply (battery or mains electric) this was called fixed switchable graphics. More recently the PC chose which graphics processor to used based on the demands of the application being run, this is called dynamic switchable graphics. Older fixed switchable graphics hardware cannot run in dynamic mode and Windows 10 only supports dynamic mode. I do not know what the situation with NVIDA is but AMD have released some legacy software that fixes this and makes HMDI usable and all right with the world again. Simply updating the drivers will not work as you probably already have the latest drivers, you simply need different drivers.

The forum for a full discussion is:
Windows Central will not let me post a link, but it is in the Microsoft forums titled AMD/Intel Switchable graphics

The drivers for AMD can be found on the website (again I cannot post the link):
There are two bits to install (you don't need the "raptor" bit!). You can find them under "AMD Radeon? Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products", the drivers are "Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1" and "Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta Crimson Edition 16.2 Beta" install first one then the other. (I removed my existing AMD (catalyst) drivers first).

I do not know what the situation with NVIDIA is.

Good luck and I hope this helps at least some of you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)