Can W10M version of Cortana play music?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Just tried it on M8. Play (artist) and it works. I can't see me using Cortana to play my music though but it's working for me.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Just tried it on M8. Play (artist) and it works. I can't see me using Cortana to play my music though but it's working for me.
It's a great feature when you are driving and can play your favorite playlist without picking up your phone and navigating through groove. Even working out with Bluetooth headphones makes this very functional.

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Your day will come. One day, a few of my coworkers were arguing about the tune of the Mortal Kombat theme song. I realized I had that song on my phone and I gave it a shot: "Hey Cortana. Play Mortal Kombat." She instantly pulled it up, and it felt pretty good showing off to my coworkers. B-)

Mike Canniff

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here, 950XL with SD card. I have copied my entire music library to SD card. I can open Groove with Cortana voice activation, but then I need to navigate to artist or playlist.

GUYV3R

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I also have an issue where Cortana will "Play Music" "Pause Music" "Next Track", but will only return a bing search if "Play <Artist>" or "Play <Track>"

So I did a test.

I copied over some albums from my SD card to my phone using files app.

Went into groove and waited for a few seconds for it to detect the new tracks.

Cortana then works with "Play <Artist>" "Play <Track>" etc.

She will even play them when I copy them back to my SD card.

BUT

Soon as I reboot Cortana reverts to a bing search instead.

So SD card does work, until you need to restart your phone. Guess this needs to be a fix.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Cortana wont play music on my 950 XL at all any more. It used to a few builds back but now when I say "play" anything, it just opens a bing search. :(

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here, 950XL on 10586.164, all music on SD card. I can say "Shuffle my music" and it usually works. But asking to play a specific song always fails and gives Bing results instead.

In feedback, I upvoted "Cortana doesn't take commands to play music stored on SD card". If there's a more popular feedback item on this let me know and I'll upvote that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99