So USA TODAY implied that Microsoft TOOK Apple's Living Image?

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20151203_0001.png

Why don't they just say the feature was carried over from the Nokia heritage and leave iPhone out of the story??

Do they actually really have to make a reference to iPhone (which feature was 'copied' from Nokia (now Microsoft) which is the rightful innovator of Living Images)?? And what's with the quote - "living" - unquote, quotations?? Implying something??

American mainstream journalist, always fails to tell the truth, always full of bias and stirring popular sensations. Take a caveman to even believe anything from them.

Microsoft's Windows 10 phone is no world beater: review

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 118142

Why don't they just say the feature was carried over from the Nokia heritage and leave iPhone out of the story??

Do they actually really have to make a reference to iPhone (which feature was 'copied' from Nokia (now Microsoft) which is the rightful innovator of Living Images)?? And what's with the quote - "living" - unquote, quotations?? Implying something??

American mainstream journalist, always fails to tell the truth, always full of bias and stirring popular sensations. Take a caveman to even believe anything from them.

Microsoft's Windows 10 phone is no world beater: review

Well we had this already with the HTC one(s) .... So its not an Iphone nor a Microsoft feature (at least not new) but as I remember Apple loves to "re-invent" things :D

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but even though I agree the author could've pointed out that living images was indeed an innovation introduced by Nokia before Apple came up with the same, the overall review is ok. He's not lying anywhere as far as I can see. The phone is having a couple of issues - mostly firmware related stuff that should be easy to fix through updates. And Windows 10 mobile is definitely NOT ready for consumers. It is still in beta stage, admitted that it has gotten a lot better than those builds delivers through the Insider program 2 or 3 months ago.
Don't get me wrong, I've been a loyal WP user for 5 years now and a Windows Mobile user before that. And I even ordered a 950XL which should arrive today or tomorrow. But I've been well aware of what I was going to buy into. I knew about the issues of the phone and those of Windows 10 mobile. So that's no deal breaker for me. But for the majority of people out there who willingly shell out a couple hundred bucks, it indeed IS an issue. They expect a fully functioning device with a matured OS running on it. And that's just not the case as of yet.
I think this review was mostly fair. Maybe that guy should've trained Windows Hello a little better and see if that changed how reliably and fast it works, but he even pointed out he didn't waste much time training it. Which is what many people out there will probably do.

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Well its the iphone because it released it and became popular since the phones is popular people just asume it belongs to apple since not many ppl had the old nokias with the living image inside it to know about it :3.......

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't see that the article is implying that Apple invented Living Images, I see it as simply comparing against an iPhone feature that many readers would be familiar with. Making digressions in the article for the purposes of punctiliousness would spoil the flow of the article.

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
i agree with everything :p i wanted to point out something about the 950/950XL i saw on the insider hub that microsoft wants the users to send feedback about continum so my thought is that these phones are indeed only for windows fans and insiders since their main object is to make continum better from the prespective of a customer before windows releases for the masses and new expensive phones are made to support it :3.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has never marketed any of the phone's great features. The camera for the 1020 was touted quite a bit (and it grabbed the attention of many), but can you think of any other great features Microsoft has ever shown off? Watch an Apple commercial, or the Google Now stuff all over showing the great uses and features. Where is Microsoft on Mobile? Surface, because mobile isn't ready yet....

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't see that the article is implying that Apple invented Living Images, I see it as simply comparing against an iPhone feature that many readers would be familiar with. Making digressions in the article for the purposes of punctiliousness would spoil the flow of the article.

I second this.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has never marketed any of the phone's great features. The camera for the 1020 was touted quite a bit (and it grabbed the attention of many), but can you think of any other great features Microsoft has ever shown off? Watch an Apple commercial, or the Google Now stuff all over showing the great uses and features. Where is Microsoft on Mobile? Surface, because mobile isn't ready yet....
Yes. This is why I cringe when I see Apple with their "new" living images and their long press/right click features, and when I see Samsung and their "new" wireless charging. Microsoft innovates but doesn't follow through with marketing and public awareness.

Mark my words, an upcoming flagship device from either Apple or Samsung will have an iris scanner, removable battery and SD card support, and they'll promote the heck out of it.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Credit to Apple for shouting about every little new feature they add. Microsoft adds a ton of great functionality and half the time we discover it by accident.

The sad fact is that so many people are so firmly inside Apple's camp that they're ignorant about the competition. I'm reminded of my friend who got an iPhone 6 and proudly showed off a feature that I had been using on my old 920 for two years.

I didn't bother saying anything because, what's the point? It's not my friend's responsibility to be aware of what other companies are doing. He's happy with his iPhone and that's all that matters.

However, I do expect a tech "expert" to be better informed. It is their responsibility to know what everyone's doing and assess products accordingly. Unfortunately, most of them are clearly unsuited to the job.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
...I didn't bother saying anything because, what's the point? It's not my friend's responsibility to be aware of what other companies are doing. He's happy with his iPhone and that's all that matters.

That is exactly the time you should say something. We don't want to make our friends feel bad about their decision, but it might make them think about options in the future. This is the exact reason they are called iSheep. They live in an uninformed bubble and what ever Apple tells them is gospel.

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes. This is why I cringe when I see Apple with their "new" living images and their long press/right click features, and when I see Samsung and their "new" wireless charging. Microsoft innovates but doesn't follow through with marketing and public awareness.

Mark my words, an upcoming flagship device from either Apple or Samsung will have an iris scanner, removable battery and SD card support, and they'll promote the heck out of it.
Hey but its fun to break out these facts to those fans and then see their faces twist and turn. Waaaaaaaaat?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05