Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10, can I get some help?

Raist

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi, I'm new here. I just posted in "ask a question" but unfortunately I couldnt figure out how to reply to an answer which user AV2RY provided. Ill copy my question and his answer below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I've sent an email to microsoft a few times but I wasnt able to get a satisfactory answer so I'm hoping that I will be able to get a better answer here.

My Laptop is a Toshiba Protege 700, around 4 years old. My windows 7 is genuine, I have activated the windows as well and its been certified as authentic Windows.

My question is I never get the button to upgrade to windows 10 like I did in my other computer. Is there a step which I should do in order to get the upgrade option? I dont remember doing anything different with my other computer though. Without the "upgrade to windows 10" button, will I still be able to upgrade?

I will be thankful for any inputs.
Thanks,
Chris
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is his answer

Update your laptop, I think GWX is under recommended* updates

*or something like that
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've gone to windows update but I do not have any update outstanding, important, optional, or recommended. Does anyone know how I might be able to do this manually? I tried to look for GWX under windows explorer as well but I also couldnt find the file.

Thanks,
Chris

Raist

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10

Thanks TechAbstract,

I used the bat but it says I'm not missing any update using method 1. Any idea what went wrong?

Thanks

Raist

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10

Just a quick update. I've tried all method in the bat file which TechAbstract attached to his reply. Unfortunately I'm still not able to see the icon although the result from running the bat file was always that i'm not missing any update or file. Anyone has other ideas?
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077