XBOX One App - Continuum. Do they work well together?

mpjones

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
XBOX One App - Continuum

Has anyone tried out the XBOX One app via continuum, I'm currently awaiting delivery of my 950XL (which may be my last Win Mob if they drop the ball with this os) and I want to know if the stream xbox option shows up when you are docked to a big screen.

mpjones

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: XBOX One App - Continuum

As descriptive as your reply is, why do you seriously doubt that? My laptop is running the same xbox app and might be less powered than the 950XL as it is pretty old.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

As descriptive as your reply is, why do you seriously doubt that? My laptop is running the same xbox app and might be less powered than the 950XL as it is pretty old.

I doubt it because it's a pretty hardware intense feature. I just can't imagine it being supported on the phone. But I'm happy to be proven wrong. ;)

mpjones

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

By that definition then the phone would not be able stream netflix, essentially the xbox app just streams the xbox video output across. I for one think this is possible.

What I doubt isnt done yet, is mapping the controller through via a driver.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

By that definition then the phone would not be able stream netflix, essentially the xbox app just streams the xbox video output across. I for one think this is possible.

What I doubt isnt done yet, is mapping the controller through via a driver.

It's more than just simple streaming. It has to recognize every single input received from the controller and send it over to the Xbox. While this may not seem much, the sheer amount of data only generated by the analog controls requires quite some processing power. That still doesn't mean it's impossible to do though. I just can't imagine it being supported on the phone. If it actually is, I'm impressed.

mpjones

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Your right is isnt much, its barely anything. The issue has always been speed but that's what the wireless adapter is for.

As a side note you dont have to have plugged the controller in to pc/phone as long as your still in range of the xbox.

I'm sorry but do you even have a phone that supports continuum as per my original question and can you confirm if the app scales up to the desktop equivalent, instead of wasting my time and sending guesses back just to boost your reply rate?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Your right is isnt much, its barely anything. The issue has always been speed but that's what the wireless adapter is for.

As a side note you dont have to have plugged the controller in to pc/phone as long as your still in range of the xbox.

I'm sorry but do you even have a phone that supports continuum as per my original question and can you confirm if the app scales up to the desktop equivalent, instead of wasting my time and sending guesses back just to boost your reply rate?

It should be waiting for me once I get back home from work. Nevertheless, I don't give a flying f*ck about my reply rate, reply count or anything else for that matter. I was just sharing my opinion on this topic, which is what forums are for. I was actually planning to give it a shot tonight and tell you my findings, but after this reply? Nope. Excuse me for wasting your time. Duh.

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The Xbox app on Windows 10 Mobile is not yet a Continuum for Phones app. Even if it was, the Xbox app on Windows 10 Mobile isn't capable of streaming from an Xbox One yet. I know this because of my use of the 950 (AT&T US) in Continuum.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
As Don said, the Xbox app is indeed not capable of running on Continuum. Also, you can't connect a Xbox controller as W10M isn't capable of that either (yet). Don't know if there are plans for that either.
Should be possible to stream Xbox IMO but not with a great experience. Because the phones can't connect trough ethernet and streaming on Wifi can't be set on a very good resolution, even on 5gHz I don't think it will run really smooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo