What do you think of the tile spacing in Windows 10 Mobile?

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I think the tile spacing in all previous versions of Windows Phone was great (7 - 8.1). In Windows 10 Mobile they decreased the tile spacing and I think it looks horrible. I also don't get why they would decrease the tile spacing. They finally add the ability to add a proper background image then they go and decrease the tile spacing making it so it is harder to see the background.

What do you guys think? Do you like the new tile spacing?

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
No, I think it's a bit too thin. Would love to have the option of increasing the spacing.

Then again this may be due to the fact that you can increase the number of columns on your homescreen.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I really don't give it a second thought. Like, I don't look at my home screen and say "You know, I dislike the spacing," instead, I say "I want to open such-and-such now." So I open the Windows Central app (which is at the top).

Just saying, heh. :D

mbrdev

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Same here, I've never even taken 2 minutes to notice it's any different to how it was preiously. I'm pretty sure there are more important things to worry about than a few pixels between your tiles lol

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I like it, and I find it better. There was too much unused space between tiles before. Now it's all used up. Also, that doesn't mess up your background, and it makes your tiled background even better!

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It looks alright with 4 columns but with 3 and 2 it's odd and cramped looking. MS used to be really good at giving things a sense of space and breathing room. With W10M it's let's cram it in there like Android and iOS. The result is that it looks like a fan made WP-style launcher on the Play Store. I'm also not a fan of the background picture which makes the OS look more like Android and iOS but at least that's optional.

In the end it doesn't really matter though. MS abandoned so much of WP's unique signature style with W10M that some thinner borders and margins on the start screen is nothing compared to circle profile pictures, bland animations and other poorly designed UI elements.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs