Recent Critical update for W10 - Killed chrome and steam....

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
The most recent update has caused complete havoc on my PC. I suddenly get these random messages that there are viruses detected from Windows Defender. I have Bitdefender and Real Core Security, so I don't understand why it keeps turning on to give me false positives.

Chrome doesn't work at all, I cannot uninstall it nor use it. I keep getting proxy errors, security certificate errors, and "webpage not available" errors and all the built in troubleshooting is bugged. Windows keeps giving me a fail to start on Chrome uninstalling.

Steam is completely glitched and corrupted. Windows is treating it as a malicious file and promptly messed with the repair process after the update, rendering the program useless.

I scanned my PC with about 3 different scanners (Emisoft, Bitdefender, Herdprotect) and a (Avira) bootable scanner to remove any "viruses" that Win Defender was claiming. None were found...

What the heck is happening? I am again stuck with a dying PC after fixing it 5 months ago DUE TO THE VERY SAME PROBLEM WITH AN UPDATE!!

And this is before finals, I NEED MY PC BACK UP AND RUNNING...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss