after upgrading to win10, can old favorites list be recovered?

hfirascc

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
apologies, I'm the extreme opposite of tech savvy.

I just realised Edge is a browser!

I was using explorer before I upgraded to windows 10. any change I could recover my favorites list on that?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
apologies, I'm the extreme opposite of tech savvy.

I just realised Edge is a browser!

I was using explorer before I upgraded to windows 10. any change I could recover my favorites list on that?

Lol I'm sorry I should've been clearer on that. When you tap/click on the favorites icon in IE what do you see?

hfirascc

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Clicking on the "star" icon gives me a slot to type a name, and another slot to select the location - to save something new.

Clicking on the "3 horizontal lines" icon and then the star shows me the list of generic favourites like "ask Toshiba" and also a link to "favorites settings" on the top right.

I clicked on favorites settings and then on the button for "import favorites" from explorer. but nothing happened I think because explorer doesn't list any of the old ones I had..

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I clicked on favorites settings and then on the button for "import favorites" from explorer. but nothing happened I think because explorer doesn't list any of the old ones I had..

Yes I figured as much!! but your first post said "you found all old data" so I assumed you meant you had the favorites sitting somewhere in a file.

In this case, we can't be much help.. If there's anything else.. We'll be glad to help :)

hfirascc

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks,

yes the data I had as in all my files on my computer are there, which is better than having lost everything.
too bad I can't recover my favorites list.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720