Office 365 on Windows Mobile

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 XL and when I open Word I get a message "To edit or save an Office 365 subscription is required." I've verified that my Office 365 account is active (it's on auto renewal), that I have not used the maximum number of devices and that I am using the same Microsoft account in Word, but when I try to activate Office 365 in Word it wants to charge $9.99 a month. Anyone else have this issue or do I need to start jumping through the hoops with customer support?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would first reinstall the Office apps, an if that fails, back up data and hard reset the phone.

That thing should not be happening. It has been fixed before by a hard reset but I want to try the milder options first before nuking it.

gerryf19

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me yesterday and I don't even have a subscription. Indeed, no subscription is required for small screen devices.

Open word click the hamburger menu, click settings, click accounts, then click your Microsoft account and sign out and sign back in. Fixed it for me.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I would first reinstall the Office apps, an if that fails, back up data and hard reset the phone.

That thing should not be happening. It has been fixed before by a hard reset but I want to try the milder options first before nuking it.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps and that fixed the problem. Thanks!

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I keep getting messages about needing an Office 365 subscription and I have one.

It will not let me edit documents on the phone and now it seems to have spread to my Surface Pro 1 tablet which was just fine.

This began when we started using Word to make a grocery list and storing it in the Cloud so I could use the list in the store on my phone and as I got an item I would < cut > it.

Worked fine for a couple of weeks and then maybe 2 - 3 weeks ago I was in the grocery and I edited the list and cut one item and then when I went to cut another it would not let me. That is the moment when I first saw one of those messages about needing a subscription.

I tried talking to Microsoft and in a chat session they said the problem was with my email!!!

How the hell would my email affect Office?

I didn't really understand the guy ( would help if they had native English speakers ) and I sure don't understand how my email ( which I didn't change ) was stopping Office from working right.

And it works on this desktop computer. But not on the tablet or phone --- anymore and it used to and I didn't change ANYTHING.

This sucks big time.

Walkamin

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I have just bought a Lumia 950. Great phone . At last I can see embedded images in excell files. Could always do this on a samsung.
However, I can't edit word documents as others on this page have stated.
I have installed my office programs (word, excell and publisher) but when I go to the store I don't get the option to install office 365. It wants to take me to a microsoft store to buy it. I have a current subscription to Office 365 home.
Anyone know how to get around this problem.
Thanks in anticipation of the thought of turning a good phone into a greatone!!!

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me yesterday and I don't even have a subscription. Indeed, no subscription is required for small screen devices.

Open word click the hamburger menu, click settings, click accounts, then click your Microsoft account and sign out and sign back in. Fixed it for me.

I can vouch for this solution, fixed it for me right away. The app even 'congratulated' me on my new editing privileges, hah.

gerryf19

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has really screwed the pooch on this whole Office365 subscription thing. Yes, you can make it work now by signing out, signing in, whatever, but it is all a precursor to their big April 1 switch when you will have to have an Office 365 subscription to use office-lite on your phone when you are connected to a larger screen.

The bugs inherent in Office Mobile are what is causing our phones to have no freaking clue what kind of screen they are displaying on, and there is no doubt in my mind that come April 1 users will be having endless problems with office apps.

And for what? a measly Windows Mobile marketshare of office 365 subscripts.

If I use my ipad mirrored to my TV, do I have to pay extra use Pages, Numbers, or Keynote? No.

If I use my Samsung Galazy tab mirrored to my tv, do I have to use Google Docs to edit files? No.

Apple and Google saw these products and decided that they were an enticement to getting users to purchase their IOS and Android devices.

Microsoft? Nope, they decide that its is worth antagonizing the few remaining users they have left to grab a few bucks before Windows Mobile goes the way of the dinosaur.

Office Mobile is NOT a full office. Even on Continuum. It is a cool, but ultimately watered down experience that will serve in a pinch for a quick edit or presentation. Instead of taking an interesting feature and trumpeting it to get people interested in their phones, they chose to try and monetize a captive audience of a whopping 2.5 percent of the mobile market.

If I were in charge of Microsoft I would gather the idiots who made this decision and invite them to a meeting with my ipad connected to a big screen television and show them a Keynote Presentation with embedded Pages docs and Numbers spreadsheets and then beat them all over the head with an android tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers