Windows 10 Upgrade Missing Files, How Can I Get Them Back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 Upgrade Missing Files

So I finally got around to upgrading to Windows 10 yesterday and everything went smoothly. When it updated almost all of my folders had been moved to a new directory making it a longer process to reach them so I moved the two file folders I used the most to my current desktop. Everything was fine until a couple hours later when I restarted my computer half of my Hard Drive was empty and both of the 2 folders I moved to my desktop were completely gone. I tried checking "windows.old" and there was nothing. I tried downloading the troubleshooter from Microsoft's website nothing. I tried downloading Shadow Explorer and other programs like it to find the programs and there's barely anything of what I lost left, most of which is corrupted. I know I should of backed up my hard drive but this is absolutely ridiculous. When the tagline "...Everything is where you left it..." popped up on my screen I was ready to strangle someone and honestly still am. I need any advice I can get on how to get my files back but please don't post if all your going to do is say "You should have backed up your hard drive :p." Any HELPFUL advice is welcome, but an "I told you so." isn't needed. Please lemme know if you guys have any ideas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs