Outlook: can I sync more than 3 months but less than "forever"?

trekster

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Gmail and Outlook allows me to keep some amount of email stored locally. I've chosen the biggest reasonable amount: 3 months. I'd like more. But not "since the beginning of time" (i.e. "any time") because I have 30+ GB of messages on my Gmail.

My previous Android phone allowed me to choose, by number of days, the amount I kept locally stored . I chose 370. (Basically a year's worth).

Am wondering why Outlook can't do the same. Surely the code needed implement a user-defined number of days for email to be stored locally is just as easy as giving the user a choice of 7 days, 2 weeks, the last month, and the last 3 months (plus "all").

trekster

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Am wondering why Outlook can't do the same. Surely the code needed implement a user-defined number of days for email to be stored locally is just as easy as giving the user a choice of 7 days, 2 weeks, the last month, and the last 3 months (plus "all").

If anything, it'd be EASIER.

There's no need to give users a choice. Just ask "How many days of email do you want to keep on the phone?"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6