How to print a pdf document on Windows 10 mobile?

tysun

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have trying to print a pdf document on windows 10 mobile, but couldn't figure it out. I can print word documents using Word. It also allows me save a word document as a pdf. But there is no option to print a pdf document. And I can even print maps. But not pdf :(

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
There are many printing apps in the Windows Store. They range from device-specific apps like HP, Epson & Brother or cloud printing apps like KumoPrint (Google printing).

tysun

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did try both Adobe Reader and Pdf Reader from Microsoft. None of the apps have print option. With windows 10 mobile we can view pdf documents in Edge without any need for other applications, but it does not have the print option either.

tysun

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
There are many printing apps in the Windows Store. They range from device-specific apps like HP, Epson & Brother or cloud printing apps like KumoPrint (Google printing).

I read that windows 10 mobile has native support for 1900 types of printers. So Is there quick way to print pdf document (Any pdf reader will do) without having to install device-specific apps or cloud printing (Sorry I don't want some of my documents on cloud).

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
It appears that you can only print from Windows (Microsoft) apps like the Edge browser but not from third party apps like Adobe Acrobat and only to the 1900 printers that support Microsoft's WPS printing protocol.

Maybe their is an alternative third party printing solution that will do what you want and is compatible with your printer. Have you checked to see if your printer manufacturer makes a compatible printer driver for Windows 10 mobile?

tysun

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It appears that you can only print from Windows (Microsoft) apps like the Edge browser but not from third party apps like Adobe Acrobat and only to the 1900 printers that support Microsoft's WPS printing protocol.

Maybe their is an alternative third party printing solution that will do what you want and is compatible with your printer. Have you checked to see if your printer manufacturer makes a compatible printer driver for Windows 10 mobile?

Hey thanks for the reply. And I am sorry that I was not able to find the print option on Edge browser. Can you please help me with that. I was able to view pdf documents in edge but there was no option to print. And yes my printer is compatible with windows 10 mobile and I was able to print from both Word app and Maps app on my mobile. Its only pdf documents that I am not able to print (that's because I can't find the print option in Edge or Adobe Reader or Pdf Reader).

It might sound silly but having an option to print maps but not having an option to print most widely used document format is kind of annoying. One more interesting piece is that you can save your word documents or maps as pdf documents but you can't print pdf :(

Didier3001

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
For anyone still looking for a solution I was able to print a PDF document on the latest Windows 10 Mobile build using HP AiO remote. Previous beta version didn't work. I just uninstalled the old version and searched for the new one in the store

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, printing is done through the app, not the viewer. Since Windows Mobile has a file manager, that's how you look up the doc. I have a Brother Laser so I use Brother's app or KumoPrint.
Sent from my Lumia 2520 on Tapatalk

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Not really though. You're correct that is the way for Windows Phone 8.1 apps to be able to print, but Windows 10 Mobile has native system-wide printing for a couple thousand printers. Unfortunately, there haven't been too many apps to include support for that yet, though it's something that any UWP app can do.

Edge doesn't, and most of the PDF readers haven't been updated for Windows 10 yet (the ones that have been updated don't include printing support at all). Maps, Office, and some other built-in apps have true Windows 10 Mobile printing support, as mentioned in this thread, but there's no PDF equivalent as of yet.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If the native printing is not available then the use of an app is necessary. The point of the thread is to assist users.
Sent from my Lumia 2520 on Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon