OK, I'm Stumped. Where do I enter my phone number on WM10?

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
When I connect my 950XL to the Windows Phone app on PC, or look in my devices list, the phone number is not known. The app says it is not available.

One consequence is that Find My Phone doesn't work as it relies, I think, on SMS.

Can anyone tell me how/where I can set the phone number? Thanks.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices, click on your mobile phone
when you try to find your mobile phone, you get the option to enter your number.
once you have entered your mobile phone number, the phone can be located through the service.

On your mobile phone, your number is NOT displayed under phone app -> settings -> "more phone settings" (sry, only have the german wording) - I guess this is bug right now...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
find my phone feature works using your phone number, yes. Check that it is activated on your phone.

Then check this link

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/basics/find-a-lost-phone

To sign in to Find My Phone for the first time

The first time you use Find My Phone, make sure you've already signed in on your phone using your Microsoft account (formerly Windows Live ID).

Go to account.microsoft.com/devices. If you're prompted to sign in, use the same Microsoft account you used to sign in on your phone.

Choose the phone you want to find, and then click Find My Phone.

To find your phone

Go to account.microsoft.com/devices. If you're prompted to sign in, use the same Microsoft account you used to sign in on your phone.

Choose the phone you want to find, and then click Find My Phone.

You'll see a map with your phone's location. You can zoom in or out to get a better view.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
In the messaging app, when you set up your messaging to include Skype, it'll ask you to enter your phone number.

In the main messaging app screen, where all your conversations are listed, tap on the three dot menu (lower right) and select "Skype settings". This will take you to profile.live.com where you can add/enter your phone number, and tie it to your MS account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium