Removed feature,

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Why has the feature where you can press the left side of the screen to bring up a menu been removed? Although I am right handed I always use my left hand mainly with my Lumia 1520 and it's good for one handed use sometimes. Please bring this feature back

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry did seem a bit blunt... Basically you have the three dots on right hand side of screen to bring up a menu... If you tap the left side it will do the exact same... Don't know why they removed such a feature

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry did seem a bit blunt... Basically you have the three dots on right hand side of screen to bring up a menu... If you tap the left side it will do the exact same... Don't know why they removed such a feature
I liked that feature too. I thought I was the only one that knew about it.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I liked that feature too. I thought I was the only one that knew about it.
The whole bar was active, the 3 dots just showed that the bar was doing something. That was not a feature, they just made selection for whole bar now they made it for only the 3 dots.
I think it's better this way, I am left handed and usually that bar was always on by mistake. Now it's ok.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

You're talking about the App Bar Menu which can be brought up by touching either bottom corner in WP. That's pretty sad if they made it just the corner with the ellipsis in W10M. MS UI designers are stuck on stupid.

Daniel B1

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
The whole bar was active, the 3 dots just showed that the bar was doing something. That was not a feature, they just made selection for whole bar now they made it for only the 3 dots.
My phone is on 8.1 Update still and what you wrote is not true for my phone, but what the OP said is. For example, I go into Messaging, I tap the very left edge of the bar, it expands. I tap again in the blank space a little to the right (still on left side of the '+' icon which is on the left side of centre) and nothing happens. I tap just to the right of the Search icon (first icon right of centre), nothing happens. I tap the 3 dots, it expands. The whole bar is *not* active as you stated. I tested in 4 different apps, same.

I do not know at what point the behaviour changed.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
My phone is on 8.1 Update still and what you wrote is not true for my phone, but what the OP said is. For example, I go into Messaging, I tap the very left edge of the bar, it expands. I tap again in the blank space a little to the right (still on left side of the '+' icon which is on the left side of centre) and nothing happens. I tap just to the right of the Search icon (first icon right of centre), nothing happens. I tap the 3 dots, it expands. The whole bar is *not* active as you stated. I tested in 4 different apps, same.

I do not know at what point the behaviour changed.

It was never the whole bar. Just the corners where there are no icons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett