Can I Pay at Starbucks With My Phone? w10

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I recently updated to the latest version of Win10 mobile and I noticed that my Starbucks app was gone (I don't remember the name of the app). It survived my first install of Win10, but not the most recent. Anyway, I saw a posting indicating that you can still pay at Starbucks by going to their website. I did this, but do not see where I can use my phone to pay with my stored Starbucks card. Does anyone know how to do this?

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can I Pay at Starbucks With My Phone?

No, that's not the app. It was one I had for several years, but like all the SB apps, it has been removed from the store.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

I don't think this is anything new, but I just got this response from Starbucks after requesting that they come out with a windows app:

"Thank you for contacting Starbucks.

We have continued to look at the Windows platform and listen to our customer’s needs. As we grow and evolve our mobile applications, we seek to develop on the platforms where we see the greatest opportunity. At this time we will not support the Windows platform but will continue to evaluate it as the landscape evolves.

Your feedback regarding this decision is much appreciated. Rest assured, your questions and concerns have been documented and passed along to the appropriate teams.
If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please visit us at customerservice.starbucks.com.

Sincerely,

Mildred K.
customer service"

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Other people on the forums have said that they have had success with pinning it to the start screen because it can provide a bar code that can be scanned, if that's what you mean.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

In "My cards" pick one and Manage, then there's a button "Pay with this card" below the image of the card.

You can even get there on the full, non-mobile website. Meaning if you wanted the attention you could carry your laptop or tablet up to the register and have them scan the screen.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

If you still have Buckstar installed it'll work, but it seems highly likely that Starbucks had all the apps pulled.

dev_sec

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

If you install the Buckstar APPX from here, then add a card, your barcode will be accessible from the "Wallet" app without having to use Buckstar again.

Edit - apparently, I can't post links:
www . appx4fun . com/xap/2800/

kevin sinsimer

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site

If you install the Buckstar APPX from here, then add a card, your barcode will be accessible from the "Wallet" app without having to use Buckstar again.

Edit - apparently, I can't post links:
www . appx4fun . com/xap/2800/
Would you be able to explain how to do this to a novice like me? I'd love to have a form of Buckstar back, even just in the Wallet, since I work at Starbucks and I can't have the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss