Is Windows 10 HIPAA Compliant?

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I found that site, thanks.
I'm asking for my fiance who just got a Surface Book last weekend, but the Apple snob at her clinic is telling her healthcare is moving towards Apple because windows 10 isn't HIPAA compliant. I'm trying to tell her if you stay away from typing confidential info into bing or cortana, she'll be fine.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Well the device is the issue with Hippa compliance it the security. Which means it needs network security and firewalls, encryption and virus protection. Here is a paragraph for a article about Hippa compliance. I sure this person is talking iOS (ipads) and not MAC OS X.

There are a few neat resources which you can freely leverage in your own attempt to get up to par with what HIPAA entails. For starters, the United States Department of Health and Human Services provides this excellent collection of starter guides and outlines on operational best practices. You can also choose to use the free HIPAA Security Rule Toolkit which is distributed by the National Institute of Standards, and works on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux systems in providing clear instructional assistance on compliance. HITECHAnswers.net also has a great collection of introductory readings on what covered entities are, baseline definitions of HIPAA regulations, and much more.

Last edited:

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
It no about windows it's about the security the organization has. Firewalls, virus protection and encryption policy enforcement if needed. If emails are encrypted and you data is behind firewalls and database security like MS SQL and Oracle DB. Plus personal devices not on a secure network aren't compliant whether they are Apple, Android, Windows 10, Or Windows 7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans