Best way to add album/artist art?

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Device: Lumia 820 with 64GB SD card- all music is stored on the SD card under a "Songs" file to avoid that song duplication issue with WP8.1. After that, all the music besides some miscellaneous songs is organized in folders by artist, with separate folders for albums under that artist. I'm running the latest WM10. Some of my music on the 820 has artist and album art, but a lot doesn't. I'm not exactly sure how it got on there, some of it maybe came with the music I downloaded?? I have a lot of albums that were purchased on CD format, then ripped to windows media player back in the day, then copied over to the 820. I also have a lot of albums that were obtained through "other sources". What is the best way to get album and artist art on the 820? How does the player know which is artist art and which is album art? Also, for example I have an artist called Brand New that has album AND artist art on the 820, but when I open the folder in Explorer, the only images in the folder are album art. Where did the artist art come from?? This is all so confusing to me. I have all the music backed up on a hard drive, should I just use some software that finds this art, then format the SD card and copy it all over again? Any help is appreciated! This is driving me nuts!! Wish it "just worked" like it does for my friends with iTunes.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Are Xbox music and Groove capable of pulling artist photos from music files installed on the device or do they only use artist photos from their online database? I know user embedded album art works in Groove, not sure about artist photos.

Regardless, I started using MusicBee on a PC to manage my music collection earlier this year. For years I had an atrocious mix of mp3, wav, aac and protected iTunes files all poorly tagged and scattered on various devices. Re-ripping CDs to highest bitrate mp3 and consolidating everything with MusicBee into one uniformly tagged library was an epiphany. I now get all album art and consistent genre searching with about 64GB on all devices including the car stereo.

Off to test artist photo association with Groove.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6