Best Starbucks payment app

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
In my opinion, Buckstar was, because it had excellent WP8.1 Wallet integration (one of the very few apps to do so). Unfortunately, it looks like every single Starbucks app has been pulled from the Store entirely, so your best bet is probably pinning the mobile site.

HdHunter

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi gang, initially, I had a bit of troublegetting Buckstar working on my phone after I updated to Win 10. As mentionedabove, it was removed from the store. Fortunately, I've got it up and running again but the bad news is Starbucks forced the apps removal from the store.Here is a response I received today from Eyertech:

"Thanks for reaching out. If you are writingto enquire about Buckstar, the app has been taken off the store for newpurchases due to a takedown notice we received from Starbucks.

Unfortunately, we do not know if and when theapp might return to the store. Our twitter feed @eyertech would be the bestplace for further updates.

Our sincerest thanks for the support,including yours, that we have received till date." It was signed, Jay

This was an awesome app in the WP8.1environment. The dummied down version didn't allow use to see our rewards infofrom within the app. My current version of Win 10 Mobile does allow Walletintegration. Who knows what will happen if I need to reinstall the app. Everythingis backed up but I'm not sure if that will help in this case. :(

All I can say is keep the pressure onStarbucks. Let them know Buckstar is awesome and that we would like them tocollaborate and not impede their ability to support us as customers. I've givenup looking for a company app but with universal apps here, it's now or never.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Latte Locator (formerly Starbucks Locator)
*No MS Wallet integration
Access to Starbucks account via in-app web links to Starbucks website for easy one-time signin to Starbucks webpages: Reward Card, My Rewards, My Profile, Manage Card

Features
Find, pin, call, and get turn by turn navigation to a nearby Starbucks™ location with Nokia HERE Drive, Maps or Transit. Now with Rewards Card support Easy to see list of the Store's features makes it easy to pick a store. You can quickly share the location via your social networks, email or messaging.
• fast, location based search
• easy card management
• PIN protection
• fast feature filtering
• maps

Version notes
v2.4.1
- Renamed app and assets from Starbucks Locator to Latte Locator to comply with branding violation
- Added "Next 7 Days" store hours to stores' details page
- Added "home" option on a pinned card's page when launched from tile -Numerous small tweaks and bug fixes

windowshopper23

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
This app has a lot of potential. The developer states that "it's coming soon" in a vimeo video.

starbucks-windows-phone-app.gif

The developer's twitter is twitter.com/heycameron if you have any questions. I think it looks solid though

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Looks really good. It won't ever be available. Even if it is, it would be a matter of nanoseconds before Starbucks lawyers jump all over it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs