SD card Problem

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Im trying to take everything off of my sd card on my Lumia 735. I hooked it up to my computer and deleted everything off and even tried to format it but it still shows 9 gb being used. Anyone have any ideas or is the sd card bad.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
How did you format it? What file system you using? Try a different program for formatting, plenty to choose from on PC.

Seems to me like a file system problem. Fat32, NTFS, ex fat and Ext for Linux! Double check you have formatted it using correct file system.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Thats a little out of my area. I went to the storage card in the phone and it gave me an option to format but it didnt work.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I just got done doing a hard reset on the phone and checked the box to reset the sd card and everything is still there. Dosnt anyone know what might be the problem or what I might try to get everything off of it.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you go into Storage Settings (Go into settings, type storage into the search box and tap on STORAGE in the search results). Then tap on SD card (D:), you can see if there is anything stored on the card, and you can scroll to the bottom of that screen and format the card.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for replying but Ive already done that several times. I even moved the storage card to another phone I had and did the same thing. But it didnt work either. I guess im going to have to get a new sd card. I also have pictures I have deleted probably 20 times that keep coming back as well as the songs that wont delete.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
That sounds like the card has gone bad. The last one of those I had the card went into a read-only mode. I could get a off of it but not delete or format it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss