How to fix System, Control panel etc.not starting after November update for Win 10?Explorer crashing

Nikica_ST

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I have been plagued by Microsoft Windows 10 November update like many of you. First, my UI language was reverted to Croatian, with which I can't use windows normally(even though it is my native). This was resolved by manually installing English(US) language pack. You have to find it online and download to your PC. Try searching with your Windows build version number(in settings-system-about computer), desired language pack, x86 or x64, and "download" as a phrase in Google. After that downloaded go through these: 1. Hit Win + R 2. type "lpksetup" and hit Enter 3. do the math, choose the downloaded file and go on from there + still, you may have to change something - for example, you'll maybe have to run "gpedit.msc" and there find Regional settings and disable (Computer configuration-Administrative templates-Control Panel-Regional and Language options-Force selected system UI language to overwrite the user UI language

Second, and more problematic was, I couldn't open File Explorer, System, Control Panel...and you probably know how frustrating it is. The explorer.exe kept on crashing. The answers I have found online all led me on the way of reseting PC or reinstalling Win10 all over again. And I didn't want to do that. After all, I have a lot of stuff, including programs and games on my PC that I didn't want to reinstall, or lose progress in. So after reading a lot for the last few days I started snooping around in Registry. I have found out that by removing BagMRU and Bags I managed to solve everything. So, right now everything is functioning fine all over again. No need to reset PC or reinstall everything. Here are the steps:

Hit Win + R
type "regedit" and hit Enter
find and delete these in the registry:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell**BagMRU**]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell**Bags**]

Everythinng should be ok now... I hope I helped... Bye!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb