Sync files from NAS to W10M

MaryGladys

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone! I am asking for some help on this!

I have a number of files I would like to sync on my local NAS (Seagate) to my phone. On my Surface Pro and my desktop, I use Sync Center and an archaic tool for the Micro-SD card on the Surface Pro called Sync Toy. I would also like to have my 950XL sync with my files.

I am reading that I can only accomplish this with OneDrive. What the heck??? Why should I have to use OneDrive as an additional step??? Not to mention I have about 100 GB I need to sync.

I came from Android and there are a number of apps that allow to sync with SMB or FTP shares. Is there anything remotely like this for Windows 10 Mobile????

This may be a deal breaker for me. Thankfully I have located Total Commander to at least access network shares....

TIA!!!!

MG

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
If your nas supports it I would look into bittorent sync. I use it across all my devices and it works very well cross platform. The best I've found for my needs.

MaryGladys

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
David,

Thank you so much! I just installed the app on my NAS and the client on my phone and it is working!!! That is just awesome! I am moving over from Android and was panicking I would lose that functionality...as between Sync Center and Sync-Toy prior to that were well-loved by me! Now, if I can either get Flash to working in the browser or the Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 app on this phone and I would be happy happy!

Thanks so much!:eek:rly:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss