How's the Lumia 735 with Windows 10 Mobile?

Clockwork_Mechanic

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Can anybody let me know how well the Lumia 735 runs the current Windows 10 Mobile version? I'm on Verizon, and therefore can't get the new flagships, but I'm looking to upgrade really soon and might go with the 735 if it performs well with W10.

My current phone is the Lumia 928. It does okay with W10, but performance overall is quite sluggish. I'm hoping that the 735's faster processor will handle it better. If not, I might just try the new Droid or something until I can get a Windows flagship (or something with Windows 10 Mobile natively).

Anybody have any experience with this phone?

sergio_b

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, do it!
I was bored during the holidays and tried the update to WM 10 on my Lumia 735 using the insider preview.
After one week of heavy use I can say: Best decision ever! Absolutely stable and the improved look and functionality is worlds apart, compared to some WM 8 apps. :) But to answer your original question:
I had no issues yet and everything runs smoothly. At first I was worried that energy consumption had gone up. But after a few days of "normal" use (not installing a tonne of apps and generally playing around with it every two minutes), battery life seems to be the same as it was with WM 8.
For me it worked fine and I am very happy with the overall performance of the device with WM 10.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I get MUCH better battery life than my 928. Performance is solid, albeit not like the 950XL that I had to return since Microsoft didn't enable the CDMA modem driver 😬.

Overall, the 735 is a decent upgrade over an 822 or 928. Be careful getting a screen protector; it wacked out my wife's phone and mine to a lesser degree.

Adam McVeigh

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Runs very well. The only problem I have is with notification sounds. When emails come in, they appear in the notification centre but despite having the setting for sound switched on, it's just silent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos