Transparent navigation bar

Anix90s

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
The solid navigation bar in mobile has become boring. How about a transparent and little thinner navigation bar with transparency control on settings in Windows 10 itself?

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
The solid navigation bar in mobile has become boring. How about a transparent and little thinner navigation bar with transparency control on settings in Windows 10 itself?

I was thinking about the same today but then realized that it isnt possible on windows phone since
1) some apps resIze according to presence or absence of nav. bar
2) most of windows phone apps have bottom/3 dot menus and will get overlapped by nav. Bar if let transparent as in android...

Anix90s

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Well, that's true. But everything is possible.
Besides, I prefer the navigation touch buttons as in Nokia Lumias instead of that of Microsoft. On-screen nav bar makes the screen smaller. Why waste area for nav bar?

Last edited:

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Besides, I prefer the navigation touch buttons as in Nokia Lumias instead of that of Microsoft. On-screen nav bar makes the screen smaller. Why waste area for na bar?

Yes agree with you.
I switched from a 520 to 640 after it got bricked. The nav bar was one of the biggest downside of all those new lumias.

Besides I miss old 520's camera quality, super sensitive touch, lastly ..the NOKIA logo!

Anix90s

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes agree with you.
I switched from a 520 to 640 after it got bricked. The nav bar was one of the biggest downside of all those new lumias.

Besides I miss old 520's camera quality, super sensitive touch, lastly ..the NOKIA logo!

Actually I feel that there's lots of simple things which could be included in Windows 10 for mobile.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Besides, I prefer the navigation touch buttons as in Nokia Lumias instead of that of Microsoft. On-screen nav bar makes the screen smaller. Why waste area for nav bar?

the nav bar can usually be hidden.

on the contrary, one could argue that hard keys could use up the space resulting in a smaller display than possible.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Actually I feel that there's lots of simple things which could be included in Windows 10 for mobile.

I think all of those little details (transparency of the action center and stuff) might come in something like the "November update" we had on W10 Pc that included lots of UI changes

Anix90s

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
the nav bar can usually be hidden.

on the contrary, one could argue that hard keys could use up the space resulting in a smaller display than possible.
Yes it can be hidden. But would you like to hide the nav bar every time just for the shake of enlarging the screen? No, right?
Besides, it's not a bad idea to have separate touch keys with the same screen size

I think all of those little details (transparency of the action center and stuff) might come in something like the "November update" we had on W10 Pc that included lots of UI changes

Hope they will come with Windows 10.1 😏

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes it can be hidden. But would you like to hide the nav bar every time just for the shake of enlarging the screen? No, right?
Besides, it's not a bad idea to have separate touch keys with the same screen size

well, I guess considering I cant hide the physical keys, perhaps!

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I think atleast auto hide feature should be there...as an option.
When enabled, the nav bar should hide after every 2-5 sec...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster