Hi, first post. Just bought a used sp3. Factory reset. When I was doing initial setup it said that I had option to update to Windows 10 and I would be notified when it was downloaded and ready to install. In the meantime I updated the current windows 8.10. Which took forever, 165 updates.. The windows 8 update has finished and now it seems like nothing is happening regarding in the background with the windows 10 download/update and I can't see the update option anywhere to start it manually :/ any ideas? Thanks
    12-18-2015 02:03 PM
    Is it available in the store? When you "check for updates" it shows "Up to date"?
    12-18-2015 02:24 PM
    Is it available in the store? When you "check for updates" it shows "Up to date"?

Finally found it. Had to manually confirm some further windows 8 updates. Then it upgrade to Windows 10 appeared at the bottom of available updates (still no upgrade app though) as a greyed out option which linked to the option within windows. Downloading/installing now. My main music computer is windows 7 so I knew the surface pro wasn't going to be as user friendly as Ipad etc. But windows 8 sucks so far! Everything is scattered all over the place and the upgrade procedure has been a nightmare. It would have been well over a lot of casual computer user's heads and know how. Hopefully windows 10 is better or it just all sinks in pretty quickly.
    12-18-2015 02:40 PM