Windows 10 Mobile eligible devices list has batches of devices receiving the update

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
some strange items in this list, like the Windows Phone 7.5 phones or phones that were cancelled before release.

List makes sense from Microsoft's stance. It's up to phone manufacturers and carriers. Which initially does suck for more recent devices like the Lancet.

Pretty sure if a phone OEM isn't tied to a carrier, an upgrade to 10 is up to them.

IF the phone is tied to a carrier, then it sucks to be on that carrier right now as it's up to then to approve it (cough, verizon, cough)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am just so excited my 1520 is in batch one, oh hang on I have been on 10 for months, but wait, at least my wife's 830 is on the list, bugger, upgraded to 10 when 10586 came out, but wait my lads 930 is also up there, but he is being a luddite and refusing to go from 8.1 to 10 on any device apart from his Xbox One just to wind me up.

Are there still people using 8.1 apart from my boy?

nareshkumarcool

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 620 struggling to run wm10,battery life is bad,everywhere loading seems before loading any app,even dialer taking about 3 sec to open

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm still on 8.1. I like it and don't want to risk an upgrade screwing up the camera (1020), have read lots on here that suggests 10 is buggy on the 1020. Not sure what I'll do when the official upgrade comes. My 2yr old 1020 is in batch 2, my 2mth old 435 will only get limited features, but I suspect I will stick with 8.1 on the 435.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Insider app for a while now and it's performing very well. If you really want to use Win 10 mobile that's your best bet. At least we have an insider option.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
some strange items in this list, like the Windows Phone 7.5 phones or phones that were cancelled before release.

I know, saw McLaren(codename) here, kind of interesting

Pretty sure if a phone OEM isn't tied to a carrier, an upgrade to 10 is up to them.
I guess MS trying to deliver the upgrades directly without involvement of carriers now, so there be no(less) carrier customized/specified device

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Seems like the best solution is just use Insider app and go to 10 and bypass the carrier all together

It would be but, to really get the FULL Windows 10 mobile experience you need to have carrier approval to address network issues in the FIRMWARE.

The biggest problem with the preview program from users IS battery life hands down. This needs to be taken care of software wise but, also firmware wise with out it, It's just a preview program....

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am just so excited my 1520 is in batch one, oh hang on I have been on 10 for months, but wait, at least my wife's 830 is on the list, bugger, upgraded to 10 when 10586 came out, but wait my lads 930 is also up there, but he is being a luddite and refusing to go from 8.1 to 10 on any device apart from his Xbox One just to wind me up.

Are there still people using 8.1 apart from my boy?

More than a handful I would say :), myself included - predominately due to the battery drain is significantly higher for me on WM10 as opposed to 8.1. I have to recharge my phone 2 to 3 times a day now. I'm debating whether to get the 550 as a hold over test device or get a replacement battery.

In regards to the eligibility list, it sucks for the owners who officially won't get the update (Wp8.1 phones). It would have been easier to recommend the insider preview if the windows device recovery tool was able to flash these devices.

Edit:
To clarify I'm not saying 8.1 is a battery drain, far from it. Those who have read my posts know I have had my 920 since Nov 2012; so yes the battery has taken a fair amount of beating. So it stands to reason it doesn't have much long left lol. The phone over all is still in good nick bar some scuffs on the screen.

Last edited:

AQUIB RASHID

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Going to sell my Lumia 535 and will buy any android phone.Because I cant understand whats in the mind of microsoft officials.my Lumia 535 (limited) and my Lumia 525 with dual core processor in second batch.lol

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Going to sell my Lumia 535 and will buy any android phone.Because I cant understand whats in the mind of microsoft officials.my Lumia 535 (limited) and my Lumia 525 with dual core processor in second batch.lol
Because any android phone will get Windows 10 before the Lumia 535? Seems easier just to use Insider to me.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
It sucks that MSFT failed to deal with Samsung....The ATIV S family is more capable than those lumia 4/5 family and my ATIV S is running well under 10586.29 with registry hack :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss