Random Freezes on Windows 10 Mobile, how can I fix it?

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Random Freezes on Windows 10 Mobile

I updated my Lumia 520 to Windows 10 Mobile from Windows Phone 8.1, after upgrading finish, I play my phone for a while.
10 minutes later, my phone started to getting lag, so I hard reset my phone, after logging in and setting up, my phone is getting smooth again.
After opened few apps, my phone freezes, wont respond, the display is running, it will dimmed, but no animation.
Although soft reset fix it, but it will freezes again after I run some apps.
Anyway to fix this?

Extra question: I installed lockmix, after I selected photo, the app crash and quit. Help please.

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Random Freezes on Windows 10 Mobile

Despite suggestions that the 520/521 is among the Lumias to be upgraded, perhaps the 512mb Ram is still a limiting factor for Windows 10.
Maybe just restore the phone to 8.1 and be happy that it is still a workhorse if you don't overburden it.
The only reason I am considering the update on my 640 1GB Ram is the potential to install android apps.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Despite suggestions that the 520/521 is among the Lumias to be upgraded, perhaps the 512mb Ram is still a limiting factor for Windows 10.
Maybe just restore the phone to 8.1 and be happy that it is still a workhorse if you don't overburden it.
The only reason I am considering the update on my 640 1GB Ram is the potential to install android apps.

it only happen when I didn't close the app (need to close it on multitasking) and over 8 or 9 apps opened.
Thought when background apps is over 7 it will automatically close the final one?

zapppa83

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

I updated my Lumia 520 to Windows 10 Mobile from Windows Phone 8.1, after upgrading finish, I play my phone for a while.
10 minutes later, my phone started to getting lag, so I hard reset my phone, after logging in and setting up, my phone is getting smooth again.
After opened few apps, my phone freezes, wont respond, the display is running, it will dimmed, but no animation.
Although soft reset fix it, but it will freezes again after I run some apps.
Anyway to fix this?

Extra question: I installed lockmix, after I selected photo, the app crash and quit. Help please.
If MS decide to release W10 for this old phones IT MUST WORKS IN A DECENT WAY.

nareshkumarcool

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site

I don't play games and many apps,but just wanted that wm10 run smoothly dialer,people ,messaging, gallery should open instant.by the way I still think wp 8.1 run smooth in core apps ,

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Look into tweaking your settings for optimal performance. Every OS needs tweaking to run amazing. My 640 is running win 10 mobile perfectly fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa