Seems like I'm done with Windows now. The whole idea of not being able to refuse updates that keep breaking stuff (at least on my current machine) is making the whole experience worse than ever, not to mention driver issues even on MS's homegrown devices. Right now using mainly Ubuntu and W10 only for syncing OneDrive and a few stuff. After a year or so later will move to a Mac so I can get myself completely out of Windows. Keeping my L920 for now and we'll see that moment if I'll have to jump ship on mobile too.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-21-2015 08:40 AM
    When you do move to a Mac, make sure to not download any OS-updates, because if you think they won't break anything I must say good luck to you. I have had nothing but problems with my Macbook Air, and have given up on using it to any usefull stuff. My girlfriend use it mainly for watching netflix and she's complaining non-stop about stuff changing to the worst after every single update.
    12-21-2015 09:02 AM
    "After a year or so later will move to a Mac"

Good luck with that then. I'm not saying that owning a mac is a bad thing... it's not, but I am saying that if you expect a trouble free experience then good luck. Have you ever thought about using your hosts file or even your router to block the updates? Surely you're a technical chap and can figure it out for yourself. Ohhh you mentioned Ubuntu. How's the updating going for you? Everything working with ease?
    xchaser likes this.
    12-21-2015 10:06 AM
    Blocking IP addresses to stop Windows Update takes a lot of effort because they seem to have a tonne of addresses and keep switching them to make it as hard as possible for you to control your PC.

This looks like the solution:

http://www.windowsbleu.com/2014/10/h...es-in.html?m=1

Also, I believe HP created a blocker utility?
    12-21-2015 10:21 AM
    Not sure how it keep's breaking stuff, my 5 machines (2x W10m Insider Fast) and 1 Desktop, 1 Laptop and a Surface Pro 3 all running W10 Pro and Updating every time a update is released. Only had 1 problem until now, I had one update due on my NVidea Experience (Drivers) and it's fixed after 5 minutes (downloading & installing)
    I've been told by 2 OSX users 1 with an iMAC other with an MacBook Pro that they had problems with the latest upgrade they needed to revert to the older version.
    FYY my phones are L930 and L920 both running W10m Insider Fast so, no Firmware available yet but working just fine... Fast, did not find any major bugs, battery life looks good (Location, WiFi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data (4G) always on) a couple of background tasks running and medium usage about 2 days from 100% to 5%

I'm not saying to stay on the Windows platform, just saying those arguments are not enough.
    12-21-2015 11:50 AM
    "After a year or so later will move to a Mac"

Good luck with that then. I'm not saying that owning a mac is a bad thing... it's not, but I am saying that if you expect a trouble free experience then good luck. Have you ever thought about using your hosts file or even your router to block the updates? Surely you're a technical chap and can figure it out for yourself. Ohhh you mentioned Ubuntu. How's the updating going for you? Everything working with ease?
    Working fine on 14.04 now. Needed to install the wireless card driver but that's it.
    12-21-2015 05:44 PM