Windows apps not opening after roll back to previous build

Useless Box

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
After experiencing difficulties with the last windows update I decided to roll back to previous working build (10240). Now some of Windows 10's apps are not functioning. If I open e.g. Calculator, Photos or Store, the app's window will flash on the screen for a second or two before closing.

The effected apps also take a different appearance in the Apps & Features section of the settings with the "move" and "uninstall" buttons greyed out and the names being less user friendly, I've attached a screenshot below. Is there are way to get them restored?

Attachments

• MetroApps-AWOL.png
    MetroApps-AWOL.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 0

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem after rolling back. Only way I fixed it was to download the media creation tool (Windows 10 upgrade tool) and reinstall Windows 10. Doing it this way at least preserves all of your downloaded apps and start screen set up.

Useless Box

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Had the same problem after rolling back. Only way I fixed it was to download the media creation tool (Windows 10 upgrade tool) and reinstall Windows 10. Doing it this way at least preserves all of your downloaded apps and start screen set up.
Sigh. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to arse around installing OS's during the festive period.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss