Where can I get product key for upgraded (from windows 8) Windows 10

mrahman252003

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I had genuine windows 8 and I upgraded it to windows 10 over the internet.
I created a windows 10 ISO image for safety purpose (in case I need to install windows 10 again to the same computer).
My target is to install win 10 to the same machine in case if I mess up my computer.
I read if try to install win 10 it will ask product key, from where I get the product key?

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Use the Windows 8 product key.

An original Windows 8 product key won't, to my knowledge, work for a clean Windows 10 install. I believe it's only keys for 7 SP1 and 8.1. However I suggest using a program called Produkey to try and yank whatever key is assigned to your install of 10, run the installer, and see if that works.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
If you already did the upgrade, you can re-install (clean with the iso/USB). Once you log in with your Microsoft account it will reactivate. You did create a MS account, right?

mrahman252003

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for reply. I created the ISO image and burned it to DVD (hope the ISO image was fine). I am saving it for future if I really need to reinstall whole the OS again. Do you think with the ISO image and Microsoft account (I have it), I should be able to re install the OS ? If this is the case, then it is fine. I read in the net that I need product key (that I don't have but I have key for WIN8) if I want to install it to fresh computer.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for reply. I created the ISO image and burned it to DVD (hope the ISO image was fine). I am saving it for future if I really need to reinstall whole the OS again. Do you think with the ISO image and Microsoft account (I have it), I should be able to re install the OS ? If this is the case, then it is fine. I read in the net that I need product key (that I don't have but I have key for WIN8) if I want to install it to fresh computer.

If you logged in with a Microsoft account and activated, you can reinstall and log in to activate without the key. Just click 'not now' or 'later' or whatever it is during installation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3