Display Dock - no sound?

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
So I finally got my free Display Dock yesterday. It's awesome, but I have one problem. When connected through HDMI to my TV the sound still comes out of the phones speakers. Is this normal? I really would like the sound to go through the TV speakers. When I use Continuum with the wireless display adapter the sound goes through the TV speakers, so why not with the dock?
I can't find any setting on the phone(950) for controlling where the sound goes either..

Does anyone know? Are you also experiencing this?

rfr0st

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Haven't got my display dock yet, but the wireless adapter sends audio as you say.
Tried updating the firmware yet? A new one was released about a week ago.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes, tried it before and after the dock firmware update. Still same result.

I'll try with different HDMI-cable when I get one. But this cable works well with other devices so I don't think it's the cable that is fault. It's strange.

I did have the same problem through wireless at some point from a Linx tablet with windows 10, but with Windows 10 Desktop version I was able to change the sounds output to the wireless screen. On the phone this doesn't seem to be a option in the menus.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hope this will be sorted out by MS soon then. It's causing me to not use the Continuum feature as much as I would.

Nikita Van Vinci

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
What resolution of the monitor do you have? Only non vesa resolutions are supported for audio (for example 1920x1080 should work, but 1336x768 wouldn't)

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
What resolution of the monitor do you have? Only non vesa resolutions are supported for audio (for example 1920x1080 should work, but 1336x768 wouldn't)

It's supposed to be full HD 1920x1080. Lg tv. But it's some years old. About 8-9 years. I'll test with another tv and check when I get a chance.

anon(9223041)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here, suspect it is that problem, what someone already described, dock only support full HD native TVs, although via PC it isn't problem to change TV reso to 1080p, which my TV will support, TV is about 9year old Samsung LED, with HD support, hope that Microsoft will add resolution change option when connected with continuum. Or definitely new Smart TV need to be bought.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I have newish cheap 32" Sharp TV, 1080p. Audio works fine via HDMI. When I power up my bluetooth earbuds, the audio usually automatically switches over to the earbuds. But Groove stops worksing sometimes and I would need to start playback again several times before it'll continue working, or switch songs entirely.

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
With some of the LG TV's you may need to check the Sound menu and make sure the output to speakers option is on and digital audio out is on.

victor_solis

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. My Display Dock is connected to a Samsung SyncMaster T220HD and the sound is coming out my 950's speakers. I checked the menu options of my monitor and I couldn't find anything to get the sound to go through its speakers.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. We should all use the feedback app to ask microsoft to include an option to choose the sound output device in mobile,
sometimes I would like to output from the phone when using miracast! (using a screen with no speakers)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hope you all don't mind me butting in with a couple of simple ideas.

1 Does your monitor have speakers built in?

2 Have you checked the volume settings? A lot of people with speakers in their monitors also have speakers via a sound card, they would probably never set or tested the volume of the inbuilt speakers.

My monitors inbuilt speakers work a treat with my 950 XL, but if the volume was down on my HDMI, no sound would come out of my Logitech speakers on my desk unless I took a feed to them from the monitor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss