W10M Mail & Calendar App size = 1GB ?

pakmul

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
The size of my Mail & Calendar app is 1 GB. Is that really taking that much space ? I have deleted most if not all my emails. Any comments ?

Device: Lumia 1520.2
W10M Build 10586.36

Thanks!

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The size of my Mail & Calendar app is 1 GB. Is that really taking that much space ? I have deleted most if not all my emails. Any comments ?

Device: Lumia 1520.2
W10M Build 10586.36

Thanks!

It's about 70mb on my device and I have lot of mails. Did you checked All mail folder in Gmail. All mails stays in that folder even if you delete them from Inbox.

pakmul

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
It's about 70mb on my device and I have lot of mails. Did you checked All mail folder in Gmail. All mails stays in that folder even if you delete them from Inbox.

Thanks. I checked and deleted all mails in the "deleted" folder in all mailboxes and the size did not change.

The store says that the size of the app is approx. 127MB, which means that I must have about 800 MB worth of data. I can't seem to find them.

I can't uninstall/reinstall the app to start from scratch.

Any comments/suggestions ?
Thanks!

snobal1

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Im wondering did you ever get this issue sorted? As my Calendar and mail app size is 78 gigs!

Regards
Joe

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    164.7 KB · Views: 28

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I am pretty sure that depends on which folders of your mail account are synced and if the mails have big attachments.
I just checked out my Mail + Calendar: 88,3 MB

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I just saw that on build .63 there is an extra entry for mails!
That means that the app is 88,3 MB, an mails are listed separately...

wp_ss_20160113_0001.jpg
(sorry, german device ^^)

ronnyfm

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Did you find a fix for this? It is happening on my wife's phone. I deleted the mail account and re-added again, but it is still over 1GB. Ridiculous when the supposedly size should be ~150 MB.

ronnyfm

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
And yes, I am referring to the app itself, not to the Emails and Messages section, but if you go to Apps, sort by app size, Mail + Calendar is 1GB :(

brainydee

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Did you get a resolution for this issue? i seem to have the same issue , any guidance would be helpful.

Regards
Rashmi

Anybody? For me the issue causes that I can't install any more update because the mail&calendar app fills the internal space and I can't even move it to the SD card :'(

brainydee

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Tried a soft reset?

Yes, doesn't free up any storage. I even tried a storage cleaner app. All it does is remove temp files. But the Mail &Calendar app still shows >1GB. The strange thing is that mails and calendar entries have their own category now, so it can't be that. I tried to reduce sync to last 3 days, but the only thing that got smaller was the space taken by mails, not the space taken by the app... :'( seems to be some kind of bad cache management or something?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes, doesn't free up any storage. I even tried a storage cleaner app. All it does is remove temp files. But the Mail &Calendar app still shows >1GB. The strange thing is that mails and calendar entries have their own category now, so it can't be that. I tried to reduce sync to last 3 days, but the only thing that got smaller was the space taken by mails, not the space taken by the app... :'( seems to be some kind of bad cache management or something?

Sure is a caching iussue, or previous backups. I fear only fix is an hard reset with backup, so it will reinstall o.s. and all core apps by zero, freeing device space

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here! Anyone found a solution?

perhaps the anniversary update can clear that -but if it doesn't, then a factory reset is needed. There might have been an update in the past that screwed things up for the mail app and storage just started ballooning

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo