W10M - Navigation Bar & Settings/Customization

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
An Option idea that everyone would like, settings for transparent, translucent Navigation Bar.

It would make screen to look a bit larger, and would help a little with so called burn-in problem with Amoled screens.

Addition:
Back/Backwards (<-) button, does not close an App, it sends it to a background, like Minimize or Tab on PC.
Microsoft really should implement closing Apps completely, in my opinion not with additional button, but by pushing (<-) twice.
Some Apps have this feature it-self, and it is perfect, could really be default for/in OS.

Additionally, Forward feature in some cases would be useful too.

An off-topic Idea:
Resolution settings for W10M just like for Desktop, an option for two different resolutions, 1440p and 1080p. for L950/950XL. and lower resolutions for lower end phones. An option too for adaptive resolution change when needed, activating when full-screen.

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
An Option idea that everyone would like, settings for transparent, translucent Navigation Bar.

It would make screen to look a bit larger, and would help a little with so called burn-in problem with Amoled screens.

I kind of like the idea... If you notice, the navigation bar is slightly transparent when you are on the lock screen... It was one of the first things I noticed on my 950 and I went searching for a setting to make it that way all the time.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I kind of like the idea... If you notice, the navigation bar is slightly transparent when you are on the lock screen... It was one of the first things I noticed on my 950 and I went searching for a setting to make it that way all the time.
Considering that most likely on-screen-buttons is a past and not coming back, more customization on existing tech/feature (navigation bar) is just a plus and a way to go. It is strange how it is not implemented yet, I guess it is a matter of time or we just need to suggest it.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Addition:
Back/Backwards (<-) button, does not close an App, it sends it to a background, like Minimize or Tab on PC.
Microsoft really should implement closing Apps completely, in my opinion not with additional button, but by pushing (<-) twice.
Some Apps have this feature it-self, and it is perfect, could really be default for/in OS.

Additionally, Forward feature in some cases would be useful too.

Last edited:

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Yes, absolutely. Strange how they did not add it for everything or at least an option.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
An off-topic Idea:
Resolution settings for W10M just like for Desktop, an option for two different resolutions, 1440p and 1080p. for L950/950XL. and lower resolutions for lower end phones. An option too for adaptive resolution change when needed, when activating full-screen.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Options are not forced to use for every individual, I am not talking about things that most of the people wouldn't use or even notice, but mostly most of the options and settings make things more advanced, productive and likable for user needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb