W10M on an Android device?!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not unless its officially done as of now. (read: Xiaomi Mi4 LTE)

otherwise, it hasn't been done. So don't count on it.

Bobcat665

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Xiaomi has shown that it's technically possible to install W10 on 'Droid devices BUT it'll take a legion of programmers/hackers to actually make it happen for other brands and devices.

P.S. From what I heard, it might only ever work with Snapdragon SOCs...

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
the htc one m8 did it with 8.1, and now xiaomi with w10, if you take a good look, vast majority of phones, android or wp, use QUALCOMM chips, its not like intel would make a special cpu for every mac or pc or Linux server, it somebody gets ahold of a w10 iso or rom or whatever that may be, I'm sure it could be installed on almost any "android" phone with compatible hardware, that means any sd200-400-800 etc

its just that Microsoft have not provided that option, and now is just not worth it anymore, before w10m, having the option to install lets say wp8 or 8.1 on your android phone could potentially mean the end of lag and dead batteries if android's complexity was giving you a hard time, but not anymore, w10m is just as bad in that regard, or kind of worst since the OS is not open and meant to be fine tuned by the user, so you're at the mercy of "bug fixing" updates from Microsoft

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Why would you want Win10M on an Android phone?
After all the hard work of making it work properly (writing drivers, fixing bugs, and stuff), you'd get basicly what you can get right now with a Lumia device.
There's no need to do any of it.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
After all the hard work of making it work properly (writing drivers, fixing bugs, and stuff), you'd get basicly what you can get right now with a Lumia device.

really? no need to have more freedom choosing a phone? I mean for pcs you can even get a MacBook and install w10 on it if that's the hardware you desire, whats wrong with having the same options with phones?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
really? no need to have more freedom choosing a phone? I mean for pcs you can even get a MacBook and install w10 on it if that's the hardware you desire, whats wrong with having the same options with phones?

Well you have your freedom, you can do whatever you want. It's just not worth it. It's a stupid move. If you get an Android phone, then lose who knows how many hours and days of your life, and install Windows10Mobile on it you just get a regular Windows Phone. Most of the stuff today's phones do is in the software, because on the hardware side they're almost all the same.
-Snapdragon 8xx QuadCore 2.x Ghz
-2/3 GBs of RAM
-Around 15 Mpx camera
-5.2'' 1080p or 1440p display

There's dozens of phones like that on the market today. So converting one from Windows to Android or vice-versa is just not needed.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Seriously? One can buy a mid range phone with bada** features,install 10 and enjoy which MS still doesnt give those kinds of specs nor other non lumia devices.. Plus its not just about installing on android phone and using 10.. This will even increase market share of WP..

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

Ummm there are some sweet android hardware that runs on Verizon, have you browsed their selection of windows phones? Doesnt look to improve anytime soon either. I'd try it lol. This is just one case someone would do this.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well then it's up to the hardware manufactures to release Windows compatible drivers and open the bootloader up for installing custom ROMs. If one is willing to hack install it then it's up to the hacker (I call them enthusiasts) community to figure it, something Microsoft should not endorse.

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
what?? no it's actually a lot better and more stable that 8.1 on my lumia 535 and performs a lot better with better style no more heat problems and the battery lasts longer :3

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
drivers? for a cpu? I mean isn't the htc one m8 case clear enough? it is not 2008 anymore, all major OEMs use the same internals from major manufacturers and that's it, w10m has generic drivers to run on pretty much any ARM based hardware, and most likely specific drivers are downloaded along the rom when installing from the phone itself, I'm sure we will get there eventually, Nadella is a very open minded guy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12