Out-of-Storage on Lumia 525 for Upgrading to Windows10 Mobile

umakanth

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

1) I need to Upgrade my "Nokia Lumia 525" from existing 8.1 to Windows10 Mobile,
2) It needs 1.33gb Space,
3) I have only 1.02gb FREE Space on the Phone Storage

To make that 1.02gb FREE Space, I did the Following :-

4) I have MOVED all the Phone Apps to SDCard except WhatsApp which "Storage Sense" says takes 177MB ( I observed that on Lumia (or) Windows Phones, WhatsApp Media will get saved on SDCard even though there is no OPTION for "Media Auto-Download" within WhatsApp)
5) To Make more FREE Space on Phone Storage, I have even deleted an "mail Account" under Accounts...

6) Now,I am Really not sure what more I can do get MORE FREE Space on the Phone Storage...

Plz HELP guys...

Unfortunately, On Windows Phone, We only have a Single Option of OTA Update for the Firmware (Unlike Android where we can Update the Phone through Phone Manager Software also)...

Plz RSVP....

Thanx in Advance..

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot of the storage sense app? AFAIK L525 comes with 8GB internal memory, so there should be enough space. What about your photos, music and videos? Have you moved them to the SD?

umakanth

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
1) Yes, Phone Memory doesn't have any Photos, Videos etc...Everything was Moved to SDCard...Infact, From the Starting, Setting I chose was "SDCard" only....

2) One thing here is, even though I Deleted an Email Account, The Space occupied by Email Accounts did not change...Before the Deletion of the Account, it was 1.82gb occupied & after Deleting the Email Account also, it did not change...I don't understand WHY..... :-(

I thought, If I Delete the Email Account, this 1.82gb gets Freed, but in vain, Really do not understand why the Phobe did not clear the Email Storage space...

:-(

Can you post a screenshot of the storage sense app? AFAIK L525 comes with 8GB internal memory, so there should be enough space. What about your photos, music and videos? Have you moved them to the SD?

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
When I got stuck with that problem on my 521 I just ended up starting over from scratch by using the WDRT to put a fresh copy of WP8.1 on it and then upgraded to W10M. No problems since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon