Windows development choices

MuadDib_II

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm writing here to share my frustration to how Microsoft is handling some windows updates.

I'm basically a Android user, but recently I got tired from Google and it's policy regarding windows phone users. After a lot of thinking, I decided to do my part in the game and I bought a Lumia 640 to try windows phone and see if it could be my daily driver.

I really like the system and all the features that windows phone has, but I can't stop thinking that Microsoft is its own enemy.

For me the real issues are :
- Self signed certificates: windows apps can't use a self signed certificate without it being installed on the phone. I know that this is safer, but it causes a lot of trouble to us, an example is Synology quick connect that doesn't works with ssl

- DAV support: why in earth they implement a half feature? It works only with Google or Apple, the rest of the users simply doesn't matter?

- Why don't implement the support of mail aliases before implementing any other esthetic feature in the mail app? I don't think it's so hard to do the changing...

What do you guys think?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Have you looked at Windows 10 Mobile? Microsoft changed a few things with Windows 10 Mobile in the foundation and core. I've not looked into your issues but there's a chance they're "fixed".

MuadDib_II

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Have you looked at Windows 10 Mobile? Microsoft changed a few things with Windows 10 Mobile in the foundation and core. I've not looked into your issues but there's a chance they're "fixed".
I have it on my lumia 640, the issues are still there. The worst part for me is the DAV implementation, I don't see why they did this...

I think you should continue to use Android.
Sadly I start thinking I will have no choice before a possible surface phone arrives...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans