Documents without OneDrive

quentin denoeud

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody,

First, I have to say my english isn't fluent (yet'!) since I'm a French student .. ahah. Sorry for that.

I have an issue with the "Documents" location.

As I don't like the "big brother is watching you" spect of the automatically sinc with OneDrive and as I get a "Pro" version thanks to my university, I don't want to use OneDrive anymore (except the pro version for some few folders).

So I started to organise my documents in the folder: C:/Users/myname/Documents

But I can't put it in the "Quick Acces" as there is already the Documents which are located in C:/Users/myname/OneDrive but which is empty for me...

I also hardly find my documents when I download a document, as the OneDrive folder is "dominant".

Some screens to explain my issue...

Documents.png

True Documents.png

So I would like to "replace" the "Documents" OneDrive Folder shortcut by my "true" Documents Folder.

Is it possible ?

Thanks a lot and Happy holidays !

Cheers

Last edited:

Chuckcell

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
No need to apologize if English isn't your dominate language. I'm USA since birth and I'd swear English is non-dominant for many of my neighbors!☺
And using your thumbs to text produces some ah ... interesting results.
As to Win 10 are you sure your downloads aren't going to a folder labeled (wait for it) Download? Under Win 7 that was the default location for, well, downloads and then I'd have to manually move them. PITA but so long as I knew where to looks it wasn't a deal breaker.
On your other point have you tried a "right" click on that quick acess and edit the properties?
Also be aware that since you seem to be working in a Higher Education Environment it may be that you have to adopt to the paths that the IT folk dictate (buncha airheads, _my_ opinion) and you cannot change them.
Good luck.

Shag D

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Turn off onedrive as default save location.
Here's a link to how:
ilovefreesoftware.com/11/windows-10/save-documents-onedrive-default-windows-10.html

To fix the quick access issue:
Delete the existing "documents" shortcut from the quick access section. Then the name wont be in use and you can make a new shortcut to the correct folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans