Stuck Updates

Tammybaggins

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I don't know If this has been reported before but I think I may have a reason why some apps get stuck on update.

There are a few core apps that always get stuck that always come up with error codes. Namely touch and gestures and equaliser. On mine these were installed on the SD card even though they need to he installed on the device and even though the phone askes you to override your storage preference.

So I moved all the stuck apps to the the device changed my default storage to device and the apps updated and installed.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Yep, that seems to happen if when you do the initial Windows 10 setup you have an SD card installed and tell it to install apps on the SD card. Then when it gets to the point of installing the system apps it puts them on SD even when it shouldn't. (It isn't respecting the Apps configuration.)

I haven't tested to see if this is a problem with the current build, 10586.36, or if it was just with some prior builds.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my luima 1520 windows 10 mobile
app called "Microsoft Photos Plug-in" is stuck in store and never updating

Stuck and never updating, or updates, but then next time you check says it needs the update again? If the latter try uninstalling Lumia Moments, and then I think the photos plug-in will properly update.

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Stuck and never updating, or updates, but then next time you check says it needs the update again? If the latter try uninstalling Lumia Moments, and then I think the photos plug-in will properly update.

it worked ... uninstalled lumia moments and it's updated ... thank you
but can you tell me about this app .. what is it and using for what ??

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Thank you so much!! This has been bugging me since I installed the preview. My problem was the first one. It would never update. It always gave an "Error, see details"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers