Funny issue with Groove, can I get some help?

BlueEchoes

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Funny issue with Groove

So, I got a ton of music. All tagged nicely with correct band/song title/album/genre and with album covered. Happy in every software I have ever used.

I put all this music on my Windows phone and let Groove go to town. I am up to about 60k songs. Most album covers are not showing up. But that is for another thread. The funny issue explained below:

I like Frank Sinatra and all, but about half of the songs I own and on the phone are NOT Frank Sinatra. Groove sees them as Frank. Even puts Frank's face on them. They come up under Frank as artist. I would find this incredibly annoying, but you know how fun it is to hear "Frank" sing Damage Inc.? I always thought that was Metallica, but I guess not? Simply Red, Metallica, King's X, Dream Theater, Henry Kapono, no-man and many others are now Frank. It is Frank all day, all night. Frank 24-7-365. Frank even got Caught in a Mosh.

Anyone have any ideas on a fix?

Left my feedback with MS of course.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I have a ton of music too, but never seen this problem. I have played around with Groove to play my music from both the SD card and from OneDrive. Tags seem ok. Groove seems to fill in the album art better and better over time (presently if still does not have Beatles' Abbey Road album art, which is strange especially since Groove now streams Beatles). I like that I can store amd play my music from OneDrive. The big question for me is, despite Groove's big improvements lately, will I ever give up on Spotify.

Last edited:

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Funny issue with Groove

Have not experienced this either. Strange issue indeed. Does it happen on your win10 computer?

I also use winamp. There is an option to manually download album and song tags and art. It may help you. Instead of manually re-tagging 30k songs, you can have winamp do it. Or maybe soft reset or hard reset your phone.

BlueEchoes

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I have come to realize that Groove and all the other music player apps on Windows Phone just are not ready for prime time. The iPhone music app worked (other the incredibly horrible random shuffle). After 4 hard resets, I got album covers to show up in the Album view correctly (Sorry Frank), but when I play a song from the album, the album cover disappears and goes to the gray circle icon.

I noticed that on the phone, under music folder, there is a folder for albums and there is the same number of files in that folder as albums I have on the phone. If the MP3 file as an embedded album cover in the file, why would Groove copy the album cover out of it and store it in a folder on the phone? The software should just see the metadata that is in the file and go with it. I have the option to download album info off, so it should use what it has. Very confusing.

Of course, I will put up with this because I can store much more (3x more!) on my Windows phone thanks to the MicroSD card than an iPhone, and I do not have to put up with all the iPhone annoyances (big brother, funny how that has all changed, their 1984 commercial is now about them isn't it?). Very happy with my Windows Phone. Album covers not being right is a mere annoynance blip compared to the annoyances 8 years with an iPhone was doing to me! HAH!

Vladimir Ka

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
95% of the time I listen to random music, just click shuffle.. But I have noticed that some album covers are not correct.. Actually most album covers are not correct for me....
Listening to some pop and album cover is from some dubstep artist.....

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Funny issue with Groove

I like Frank Sinatra and all, but about half of the songs I own and on the phone are NOT Frank Sinatra. Groove sees them as Frank. Even puts Frank's face on them. They come up under Frank as artist. I would find this incredibly annoying, but you know how fun it is to hear "Frank" sing Damage Inc.? I always thought that was Metallica, but I guess not? Simply Red, Metallica, King's X, Dream Theater, Henry Kapono, no-man and many others are now Frank. It is Frank all day, all night. Frank 24-7-365. Frank even got Caught in a Mosh.

I haven't posted here in a while and I'm not any help (glad that resetting your phone a bunch sort of fixed the problem!) but this is the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre