How can I remove a Speed dial contact!!!

Wissam1987

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

A simple question .... how Can I remove a contact from the speed dial list?? :grin::grin:

I'm using lumia 1020 with WM10 .36

Thanks

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I cannot seem to be able to remove a contact from my speed dial list either. Nothing happens when I hold down the contact.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

A simple question .... how Can I remove a contact from the speed dial list?? :grin::grin:

I'm using lumia 1020 with WM10 .36

Thanks

On my 930 I can also not delete favorites from the short dial list, but if you go to the people app. you can go to groups, and there it seems you can change your favorites group..... strange.

Edit, also this is not working as it should....

Edit2, I just found out, if you long press on a favorite, and then release the screen, you get the delete option. It's different behaviour then normal.

Last edited:

Wissam1987

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
On my 930 I can also not delete favorites from the short dial list, but if you go to the people app. you can go to groups, and there it seems you can change your favorites group..... strange.

Edit, also this is not working as it should....

Edit2, I just found out, if you long press on a favorite, and then release the screen, you get the delete option. It's different behaviour then normal.

Favorite list is not the same list of Speed dial ...
the problem ... I have added the same contact 2 times in the speed dial list and not able to delete any of the 2!!!!!
windows should not add same contact twice! and should allow me to delete!

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Favorite list is not the same list of Speed dial ...
the problem ... I have added the same contact 2 times in the speed dial list and not able to delete any of the 2!!!!!
windows should not add same contact twice! and should allow me to delete!
And if you, like I said, long press on a favorite, and then release your thumb/finger, don't you get the delete option then?

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Yep, this works for me. Weird they've done it this way, but well done for finding it out.

Wissam1987

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, I don't remember how it was on 8.1. I have set my speed dials once, and never had the need to change them. Until I read this thread. ;-)

in 8.1 ... you just touch to the left of the contact name and you will get a box to tick in
it was very easy and convenient way

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
in 8.1 ... you just touch to the left of the contact name and you will get a box to tick in
it was very easy and convenient way

Aha, ok. I "hate" that behavior!, because I'm left handed, I often accidentally activate these check boxes...
They are also there in Whatsapp...

The current behavior suits me better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium